I just realized that I haven’t ever made this and taken a picture of it. But still wanted to share the recipe. It’s cheap and easy to make!
The next time I cook it, I will add photos.
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 4-6 hours
Total Time: 4-6 hours min
- 3 cloves (3 tsp) garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 cans chunky chili-style tomatoes or low-sodium stewed tomatoes
- 1 12-oz can beer (optional)
- 1 cup water (use bone broth for additional flavor)
- 1 8-oz can low-sodium tomato sauce
- 3-4 tsp chili powder
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh oregano or 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dijon style mustard
- 4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 tsp pepper
- several dashes bottled hot pepper sauce optional
- 1 15 oz can lower-sodium pinto beans rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can white kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can lower-sodium red kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen whole kernel corn (canned or fresh will do)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped zucchini or yellow summer squash (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar or Monterey jack cheese
- okra (optional)
- Optional ingredients for the girl who cooks to taste: old bay, chicken, taco seasoning, 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Dump everyting in a crockpot. Double if you want to have extra to freeze.
- Cook all day and enjoy an easy dinner.
- Top with cheese, sour cream, or green onions if you like. Add a salad and cornbread for a complete meal.