What is the biggest challenge you face in maintaining your health? The pursuit to be healthy — whether it be physically, emotionally or spiritually — can be a challenging journey. It’s even more challenging if your motive is to look healthy at the risk of actually being healthy.
What if you changed the mindset you have about reaching your health goals? What if you stopped going to the gym to get “summer ready”, to develop that six-pack, to fit into those jeans (you know, the ones that have been in the back of the closet for a few years), to impress the man you hope is attracted to you or win back the affection of your husband? What if your goal in taking care of you was simply to be healthy?
I get it. We want to feel good. We want to be happy. We want to enjoy the skin we are in. And sometimes that causes us to seek external validation while still feeling internally depleted. If you’ve lived just a little bit of life, you know you can clean up well on the outside and still feel empty on the inside.
My guest today knows all about looking healthy but not feeling healthy. Chalene Johnson is an author, motivational speaker, and health expert. In her most recent book, The 131 Method, Chalene helps readers discover what works for their bodies. She has learned what it takes to establish a personalized nutrition solution to boost metabolism, restore gut health and lose weight and is sharing helpful information on the podcast.
We were each designed uniquely by God. We behave differently, we learn differently, and we develop differently. So why would it be a surprise that we can’t all eat the same and expect that every person would have the same result?
Freedom y’all. The word is F-R-E-E-D-O-M.
Chalene wants to free you from the food rules. Learn your body. Do the work of discovering what does and doesn’t work for you.
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
- Be an expert of your own body
- Look beyond the calories
- Maintain your healthy weight
- Improve your gut health
Click to Tweet
- It is remarkable what your body will do for you when you stop fighting against it. – Chalene Johnson
- If you don’t know what it means to be healthy, you can figure it out. – Chalene Johnson
- Health is not just about weight, diet, and food. It’s different for each person. – Chalene Johnson
Resources From Today’s Show
- Connect with Chalene on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or on her website
- Pick up a copy of Chalene’s latest book – The 131 Method
- Learn more about The 131 Method
- Listen to Chalene’s podcast, Ask Chalene.
Other Stuff to Check Out
- Grab one of my latest books She’s Still There, Show Up For Your Life, 28 Days of Prayer, or Kingdom Woman!
- Did you miss Episode 216 with Valorie Burton?! Click here to listen!
- Interested in supporting the content I create? Learn about becoming a co-producer!
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- What is the most important objective for you right now in regard to your health?
- What is the biggest challenge you have in maintaining your overall health?
- What have you learned that works well for you?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!