What does it mean to grow in grace?
It’s the worst when you have a cord to charge your phone and the phone won’t charge.
Have you ever had that happen? Then you start the hunt to figure out if there is something wrong with cord, something wrong with the port/plug or something wrong with your phone! Recently this happened to me, I was on a plane and settled in to my seat. My phone was low on juice so I looked around for a USB port in which to pop my cord and was overjoyed to find this plane did indeed have one!
Half an hour later, we were up in the air and I discovered my phone was still losing power. It would die soon. I was perplexed because my phone had been plugged in the whole time. I then discovered that while the cord had been inserted into the USB port, it wasn’t actually connecting to the power. The port was too loose and wasn’t making contact with the appropriate spots on my cord to provide power to my phone. The cord wasn’t intimately connected with the USB.
It was close.
It was touching… some.
But it was not maintaining a tight connection that would transmit power.
I have to honestly tell you that even after recording today’s podcast, I’m more deeply convicted about what I’ve shared, that I do indeed know, but need to do a better job of putting into practice. Maybe you, like me, get close to making a connection. You go to church. You are involved. You listen to the Christian music or listen to Christian radio stations. You crack open your Bible, your Jesus Calling, Daily Bread, or whatever devotional(s) are perched on your nightstand.
But you don’t have power.
Or you only experience it intermittently.
How do you move from accepting the grace of God to experiencing it in a way that it produces growth and change in you? How do you receive the power of God’s grace operating in your life.
On today’s podcast, I talk about what I understand but am personally continuing to work on. Connection… but more than connection… intimate connection because of my choice to abide, consistently and intentionally, in my relationship with Jesus Christ. What does growing in grace mean? What does it require? Why does it matter?
If you desire to have the grace of God change you, today I talk about the mechanics of how that happens.
How do you stay intimately connected to God? Simply put, you hear what He says, believe what He says, and do what He says. Today I talk about three areas in which we can be partakers of the grace God offers and also one major problem we all face that may keep us from fully experiencing the grace of God and growing to spiritual maturity in it. Because if there is power and abundant life available, don’t you want to plug intimately into it and be changed? I know I do.
1 Peter 3:18 says, “but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ“. Join me in the second part of this month’s series as I discuss what growing in grace means, how we can experience it, and how we can address stalled growth in our Christian life.
Highlight from Today’s Episode:
- How to grow in grace
- What gets in the way of our growth
- The solution to experiencing grace
Resources From Today’s Show
- She’s Still There by Chrystal Hurst
- Read 1 Peter 1:1-10 in the NASB or The Message
- Check out the devotional, Growing by Grace from my church’s series on grace.
- Want to discover more ways to study the Bible? Check out this post: 20 Ways to Read the Bible
==> Thoughts to Tweet
- You grow in grace through the power of God’s Word, prayer, and being in community with people.
==> General Links
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
- Did you miss Part 1 of The Magnificent Grace of God. Check it out here!
- Also, last week was a “double header”! Listen to my interview with Tricia Goyer!
- Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- Do you feel as if you are consistently and intimately connected to God? Why or why not?
- How do you see God’s power at work in your life?
- What was your main takeaway today as you listened to today’s podcast?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in do the same on the podcast!