Today, I chat with Tricia Goyer about what it practically looks like to walk out our faith, one step at a time.
Tricia has lived a full life of pain, hardship, rejoicing, and making one choice at a time to trust that God has a purpose for her life.
After having an abortion at 15 and then a baby at 18, Tricia knows pain. She understands what it’s like to “know” that God is supposed to love her, but feel like she has strayed too far from His grace.
For a while, Tricia wrestled with understanding her calling, and finally came to the realization that her purpose isn’t just one thing. “Instead it is a fluid mixture of callings that God reveals as I see Him at work in this world and dare to step into the good work He’s designed for me,” she says.
After years of choosing to trust God with every step, even if it’s a step she didn’t expect or want, Tricia has continued to see God redeem her life (and she lives with so much joy!). She now has 10 kids, 7 of whom are adopted, and regularly ministers to brave teen moms in her community who feel hopeless and need a voice of truth.
I was so encouraged today by Tricia’s practical wisdom in how to serve others, how to fully understand our purpose, and how to rest in God’s grace in our daily messes.
Her 70th book–that’s right, 70th!–released on October 1st! Find the link below.
Highlight from Today’s Episode:
- Accepting God’s forgiveness & freedom when you’re wrestling with shame
- Walking out your faith, one step at a time
- Serving and loving others right where you are
- Obeying God out of a healed heart
Resources From Today’s Show
- Tricia’s new book, Walk it Out: The Radical Result of Living God’s Word One Step at a Time.
- Previous podcast with Tricia Goyer: Episode #111: Motherhood and the Heart of the Home
- Connect with Tricia on her website, Twitter or Facebook.
- Check out the devotionals on grace from my church’s website.
==> Click to Tweet
- “God is saying, I have so much more for you than you ever imagined.” Tricia Goyer
- “It is the living Word of God that is going to impact our life.” Tricia Goyer
- “No one can do everything, but everyone can do something.” Tricia Goyer
- “We don’t have to do it all or be all for Christ to love us.” Tricia Goyer
==> General Links
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
- Did you miss last week’s She’s Still There Story with Wynter Pitts? Check it out here!
- Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- How are you nurturing your gifts and passions?
- Have you ever struggled with your season of life… even when it was a good season?
- How did today’s podcast encourage you to make a shift in your perspective?
Tricia’s Recipe for Taco Soup!
2 pounds ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
1 can pinto (or kidney) beans
2 cans chili beans
1 can whole kernel corn
1 can white corn
2 cans Mexi-corn
1 can stewed tomatoes – Mexican style
1 can Rotel tomatoes
1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
1 pkg. original Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing
Brown ground beef and onions in a large pan, drain off fat. Add remaining ingredients (do not drain any of the cans) and simmer for an hour or so. (Or put it in crockpot.) When ready, serve in big soup bowls with tortilla chips, shredded cheese, salsa and sour cream.
(Note this recipe can have substitutes too. For example, my family doesn’t like onions, so I usually don’t use them. You can add whatever beans you like. I just use what’s in my cupboard. It’s the same with the corn and tomatoes. Sometimes if I don’t have Rotel, I’ll just throw in a can of green chilis for flavor. Some people serve it with cornbread instead of tortilla chips. You really can’t mess it up!)
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in do the same on the podcast!