Yet still, you can sense there is panic in the air. If you are not feeling it yourself, you can’t deny it when you see the empty shelves where toilet paper once was or the long lines outside of major warehouse stores like Costco. I believe what is gripping many of us is the uncertainty; we don’t know what to expect.
Life comes packaged with unexpected crises. There’s no avoiding them, but you can be prepared to handle them. My friend, Kathi Lipp, has worked on a project that won’t release until June, but she has agreed to join us to talk about it. Her book, releasing in a few months, is titled: Ready for Anything: Preparing Your Heart and Home for Any Crisis Big or Small. Ready for Anything will show you:
- Practical strategies for building an emergency fund
- Indispensable tips for safeguarding your physical and digital valuables
- How to mentally, emotionally, and spiritually prepare your kids
- The power of pre-deciding your actions in response to an unexpected event
- How to create a five-minute plan and why you need it
And so much more!
We talked about some of the things she shared in her book and answered some questions you may have about being prepared for any crisis, big or small. This conversation will encourage you to stay calm and prepare you to take the practical steps to be ready for anything.
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
- The ramifications of a pandemic
- Preparing for the unexpected
- Being the hands and feet of Jesus
- Things to do with your time during quarantines
Resources from today’s show
- Connect with Kathi on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or on her website
- Pre-order a copy of Kathi’s book, Ready for Anything.
- Sign up for Kathi’s newsletter and get recipes
- Join The Clutter-Free Academy and purchase a copy of Kathi’s book, The Clutter-Free Home
- Join The Sister Circle Facebook Group
- Join my Inner Circle
- Get my recipe for beans, chicken pot pie, and, garden vegetable soup and download my meal planning sheet
- Kathi mentioned Codenames as a fun game
- Need accountability? Consider Focusmate
- Grab an Expanding Organizer from Amazon
- Listen to my podcast episode, the Girlfriend’s Guide to Managing Your Money
- Watch my interview with His and Her Money on Staying Awake Financially
- Need to save important info? Consider 1Password or Dashlane
Click to Tweet
- Taking care of our people – this is what love in action looks like. – Kathi Lipp
- Trust God’s Word and be a good neighbor. We can all be helpful. – Kathi Lipp
- Who has God surrounded you with? He has put you in this place for a reason. – Kathi Lipp
Other Stuff to Check Out
- Did you catch my last episode with Dr. Judy Ho? Listen here.
- Need to encourage your soul? Try listening to the playlist I put together for my mom, Lady Lois’ Worship
- Interested in supporting the content I create and enjoying bonus content? Learn about becoming a co-producer!
- My book, Be sure and also check out my other books She’s Still There,
- 28 Days of Prayer, Show Up For Your Life, Kingdom Woman!
- Did you catch the latest video I uploaded to my YouTube channel? I shared a message I gave recently at my church on The Sword (The Word of God). Watch it by clicking HERE.
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- Do you feel prepared for anything? Why or why not?
- Who do you know that unprepared for their current unexpected change? How can you help?
- Do you have a three-month emergency fund set aside? If not, what steps can you take to get that going?
- What did Kathi share that challenged you? How do you plan to respond?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!