My guest on this episode is Elisabeth Hasselbeck. Elisabeth is a mom and the wife of former NFL quarterback and current ESPN analyst Tim Hasselbeck. You may know Elisabeth from her role on the TV Show Survivor, FOX & Friends, or The View.
In 2013, after sharing a decade of her time with The View, Elizabeth was told that her contract would not be renewed. Forced to walk away from something she loved dearly, she struggled for years with feelings of betrayal and bitterness. But God never left her side, and over time, He helped her to develop the point of view that He wanted her to live with.
Shifting from a rigorous schedule on broadcast TV to sitting on bleachers at baseball games forced Elisabeth to slow down enough to hear God’s voice in a way she couldn’t before. In changing Elisabeth’s view, God placed words on her heart that He intended for her to share with others. It was in the slowest, most difficult season of Elisabeth’s life that her newest book, Point of View: A Fresh Look at Work, Faith, and Freedom, would be written.
Change and transitions can be hard, particularly when they are unexpected and there’s no clear way for us to understand them. But if we are willing to give God our “yes,” even when He catches us off guard, He will use every bit of change for our good. While we may not understand the shift at the moment, if we’d just sit with Him for a while, He will not only comfort through the pain we are feeling, but He will also give us a fresh perspective so that we can begin to see things from His point of view. It is unbelievably powerful when we decide to trust in God instead of relying on our own understanding of things (Prov. 3:5).
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
- Navigating sudden, difficult transitions
- Untangling yourself from your emotions
- Adjusting your point of view
- Saying “yes” to God
Click to Tweet
- “God has named me, and He gets to define me.” – Elisabeth Hasselbeck
- “Don’t continue to read and recite lines about you that aren’t true.” – Elisabeth Hasselbeck
- “You are not defined by your worst mistake.” – Elisabeth Hasselbeck
Resources From Today’s Show
- Connect with Elisabeth on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or on her website
- Pick up a copy of Point of View by Elisabeth Hasselbeck
Other Stuff to Check Out
- Grab my latest books She’s Still There, Show Up For Your Life, 28 Days of Prayer, or Kingdom Woman!
- Did you miss Episode 220 with Christine Caine?! Click here to listen!
- Get a chance to read my post about My Summer Hair Situation?
- Interested in supporting the content I create? Learn about becoming a co-producer!
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- Are you going through a difficult change or transition right now? What’s helping you get through it? Please share in the comments below.
- What’s standing in the way of you saying “yes” to God? What adjustment do you need to make so that you can tell God “yes”?
- Write down all the negative lies you are believing about yourself, and then recite the truth of God’s Word to shoot down each lie one by one.
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!