“There’s too much going on in my life right now.”
“I’m trying to find balance.”
Have you ever found yourself saying any of those phrases or something like it? I have. I talk about being overwhelmed and struggling to balance it all too. Life has a way of feeling like too much sometimes. And when it does, we just feel out of whack, burdened down, and full to overflowing — but not in a good way.
What is balance? Why does it elude us? What are we supposed to do to find it, keep it, and maintain it?
One of the basics of getting back to your life is understanding balance and what your responsibility is in honoring its role in your life. This podcast is about both of those things and some. In both principled and practical ways, I want to teach you what I know about balance, and what you need to know in order to find balance and maintain it.
And what to do about the overwhelm? You might be surprised to find that I actually encourage you to embrace the overwhelm as a clue that can lead you towards living a balanced life. Feeling uncomfortable isn’t all bad. Discomfort can lead to positive change and a new way of seeing your life.
Balance is possible but it takes work! However, the work of finding and maintaining balance is rewarding. The beautiful thing about putting forth the effort to understand balance and work towards it? It can lead to you living a well-intended life for which you have little regret.
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
- The truth about balance
- Why overwhelm can be good
- Knowing your ground zero
- The importance of “no”
It’s only by saying “no” that you can concentrate on the things that are really important – Steve Jobs
The key to keeping your balance is knowing when you’ve lost it – unknown
The antidote to busyness is balance. Finding balance begins with an honest conversation with God. ~ Kay Warren
- Instead of looking at all you have to do, be grateful for all you get to do. – Lysa TerKeurst
Resources From Today’s Show
- Did you catch last week’s episode with my sister, Priscilla? We had a great conversation on Authority. Listen here.
- “Surprise” – The blog post I referenced from my Morning Meetings from Jesus reflections.
- Episode #104 – “The Girlfriends Guide to Getting Things Done”
- Books to read that will help with living a balanced life.
` ==> General Links
Have you taken the staying awake assessment? Find it here.
Grab my latest book, She’s Still There!
Take a look at Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- What is causing you to feel out of balance in life?
- What did you learn from today’s podcast that is helpful?
- Do you see God causing or allowing disruption in your life? How does that change the way you see the interruptions or difficulties you face?
- What things do you need to say “no” in order to say “yes” to balance?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!