Five years from now, what will you wish you had done with what you have now? You have power and God has given you the authority to use it, but are you using it? Has the authority you have access to cultivated change within your workplace, neighborhood or relationships?
In this episode, I’m talking with my sister, Priscilla Shirer about accessing and exercising the authority that has been given to us as believers. We miss out on experiencing the fullness of what God has for us when we live as if there is no significance in the seemingly the mundane. But God is there too. He does not need spotlights or stages to declare His glory. He wants our obedience.
Can I remind you of something? You have what you need to obey. Priscilla stresses in our conversations that fears and feelings of self-doubt stand no chance stacked up against an obedient and equipped woman of God. Your eyes will be opened wide by God’s power when you choose to believe there is significance right where you are.
It’s time for us to step away from what’s comfortable. We must choose to use the power that has been given to us and accept the responsibility that comes with it.
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
- Accessing and exercising the authority that has been given to you
- Pushing past fear and insecurities
- Making time to find pockets of joy
- Don’t allow feelings to dictate whether or not you’ll push forward in the power of God. – Priscilla Shirer
- Afraid? Do it anyway. And watch God’s power be displayed in your weakness. – Priscilla Shirer
- Step out of the comfortable and trust that God can keep you afloat. – Priscilla Shirer
- If everyone would do their part in the world, we’d have the whole world covered. – Priscilla Shirer
- In times of discouragement, constantly call on God for courage. – Priscilla Shirer
- If God gives you an opportunity don’t let fear talk you out of it. – Priscilla Shirer
Resources From Today’s Show
- Find Priscilla online at her website, goingbeyond.com, Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook
- Listen to my previous episode with Priscilla at chrystalevanshurst.com/055
- Purchase the movie War Room, starring Priscilla.
` ==> General Links
Have you taken the staying awake assessment? Find it here.
What about the bonus episode on Recovering from Alcohol Addiction? Listen here.
Grab my latest book, She’s Still There!
Take a look at Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- Have you ever had difficulty forgiving yourself?
- What scares you about forgiving yourself?
- Have you ever felt disconnected from God because of past mistakes in life?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!