When we work hard on changing our thoughts in an effort to change our lives, wouldn’t it be so much easier if we could do that in a vacuum?
One of the things that makes any kind of change in life difficult is the fact that we don’t live in a black hole and there are P-E-O-P-L-E around.
Those “people” could be spouses, children, friends, co-workers, friends, acquaintances… virtually anybody.
So how can we be the kind of loving, caring, individuals even when that person or those people are around and especially when those folks are not necessarily likable? Or more honestly said… when they are driving us b-a-n-a-n-a-s.
I’m just keeping it real people…
Last week we tackled this concept through the lens of faith. This week, I want to examine the idea of being the person I want to be through the lens of relationships – family and friends.
I’m still holding my ground. I believe that you can have the life… even around others… that you want to have by starting where it matters… with your thoughts.
In today’s podcast, I’d like to share what I’m learning, in a practical sense, about being the person I want to be – even when it’s a challenge.
Renewing your mind isn’t just about thinking differently about yourself. It involves how you think about and operate in your circles of influence too.
Can’t wait to share my heart with you! And don’t skip the show notes… Lots of links to some great nuggets available for you!
Highlight from Today’s Episode:
“How to Love ‘Em When You Don’t Like ‘Em”
- Love is a legacy. What do you want people to remember about you?
- Force the habit. You can act different than you feel.
- Show Compassion. None of us is perfect. Learn how to let go.
==> Links for Today’s Show
- Haven’t read “The 5 Love Languages” by Gary Chapman? Do it!
- Need additional coaching on forgiveness? Chuck Swindoll offers help.
- Sometimes we just need a little perspective on what’s important. Every day counts. Don’t forget that.
- What does your face say when THAT person walks into the room? Toni Morrison shared some thoughts that might remind you to put in just a little effort.
- Wanna read that post from Jen Hatmaker in its entirety? CLICK HERE
- Are you a victim of abuse? Do you need help? Contact the National Domestic Hotline.
==> General Links
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
- Did you miss last week’s podcast? Check it out here!
- Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment or ask a question!
- What is your thought process when you need to love someone you don’t like?
- What emotion is your typical response under relational pressure – hurt, anger, frustration, etc.?
- Who has left you a legacy of love? How did they do that?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
3. Share today’s show – I could use your help with getting the word out there about my new podcast. Would you take a minute to share today’s post? Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post. Thanks!
Can I ask you a favor? However you found me, will you be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists! Thanks in advance for your help!