What do you see yourself doing five years from now? Did the pandemic alter your perspective regarding the things you wanted to accomplish?
2020 was a very hectic year that changed the trajectory of how we do life and business. There were so many significant impacts that forced people to figure out something new or how to do what they were doing differently. As a speaker and writer, it was a major shift for me. I couldn’t travel with everything being locked down, which meant I had to shift how I did my work. I had to pivot and take a new approach.
Now that we are on the other side of 2020, many are trying to recuperate but struggle with finding the next right step. The questions often asked are, “What type of job should I pursue?” or “Can I make my side hustle my full-time?”. In my conversation with Coach Liz Moffitt, we discussed those pivotal questions and more.
Coach Liz Moffitt is the Christopher Quinn Group president, a DBE-certified human resource consulting and training firm. She has been working in the Human Resource field for over 20 years and is a certified Master Coach and Trainer. As a Master Coach, Liz has had quite a few conversations with women struggling to find the answer that could lead them to finally start the business or prepare for a move up in the company. For years Liz has lived by her motto, “Dream Without Limits.” It is now something that she implements in her coaching, challenging her clients to think outside the box.
Liz shares some amazing nuggets in our conversation that will cause you to think differently about how you approach old and new professional ventures, and most importantly how you see yourself in the process. One thing she highlights is the significance of taking time to think about who you are in order to discover what you really want to do. To do this effectively, you must recognize that you are worth the work. Finding your way can be difficult when all of the pieces never seem to fall into place and it can become very discouraging, but you don’t have to let that be your resolve. You don’t have to stay stuck in the rut of the same routine of doing things that don’t bring you joy.
You may be looking for the right answers before taking the next step, but first, you must ask the right questions. As you move forward in the journey remember these two things:
- Don’t discount yourself. There is more to you than you may know.
- Different isn’t always bad. What you do next may be outside of your comfort zone, but that’s okay. Take the leap. Maybe God has something better for you, but you will never know unless you take off the limits and take a chance on yourself.
I hope my conversation with Liz gives you the confidence you need to push past limits you have placed on yourself and the clarity you need to prepare for your next move!
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
- Rebranding yourself
- Dreaming without Limits
- Expanding your reach
- Finding balance
Resources from today’s show
- Connect with Coach Liz Moffitt on Facebook and Twitter.
- Grab a copy of Coach Liz’s book “The Smart Interview”.
- Check out Coach Liz’s website.
Click to Tweet
- “Do not limit yourself.” – Liz Moffitt
- “Think about what you want to do and stick with it.” – Liz Moffit
- “Pay attention to what you do and do well.” – Chrystal Hurst
- “Sometimes we need help with structure so we can be impactful and effective.” – Chrystal Hurst
- “Take time to get quiet so God can speak to you.” – Liz Moffitt
- “It’s not about having the answer. It’s about asking the right question.” – Liz Moffit
Other Stuff to Check Out
- Need to encourage your soul? Try listening to the playlist I put together for my mom, Lady Lois’ Worship
- Interested in supporting the content I create and enjoying bonus content? Learn about joining my Inner Circle!
- Be sure to also check out my other books She’s Still There, Show Up For Your Life, Kingdom Woman!
- What is standing in the way of you dreaming without limits? How can you overcome fears or insecurities that stand in your way?
- In what ways did my conversation with Liz challenge you? How do you plan to respond?
- How has the pandemic impacted your career or values? What shifts have you had to make? What shifts do you still need to make?
- What strengths do you have that you are not using regularly? How can your strengths help you get where you need to be?
- Are you interested in going full-time with your side hustle? What is one thing you can do to move the needle to get there?
- Who do you have in your circle that can hold you accountable as you work towards your goals? Make a note to connect with them and share your goals.
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!