Do you need more of God’s presence?
Most of us can identify a time in our lives when God has felt far away. Be it busyness or the mundane, the expected or unexpected, life enjoyment or life responsibilities, we have all found ourselves lost in the very things we feel we cannot escape.
Lisa Harper is one of my favorite people in the world. Not only is she hilarious, but she also has an uncanny gift of carving out the fluff and hitting the nail on the head. Lisa is also just plain honest and real. Y’all know I love that. If you need encouragement to keep walking through your every day, Lisa is your girl. She recently wrote, Life, a new 100-day devotional that chronicles her experiences of God’s grace and redemption from her walk through the hard stuff. She knows what it is to make space to listen to her life and how paying attention to her life helps her engage differently.
As a single mother, author, seminary student, and Bible teacher, Lisa is no stranger to busyness. Still, God led Lisa to approach her life with greater intentionality and cultivate healthy rest and renewal spaces. In doing so, she experienced greater depths of God’s kindness towards her and to see Jesus more clearly. Many of us can relate to feeling too busy. Careers, kids, and relationships all pull at our limited resources of time because life isn’t easy. It can be challenging and can definitely be messy. Yet, God’s grace reassures us of His presence and His love. If you currently find yourself stuck on the hamster wheel of life, know that you are not out of God’s grasp. Just like Lisa received God’s guidance in taking small steps toward living well, you can too. God is with you — right in the middle of your life. And this conversation with Lisa is a reminder to you of that truth.
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
- How to lead by listening
- How to hear from your life
- How to embrace grief and joy
- How to get past stuck
Resources from today’s show
- Connect with Lisa Harper on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook, or on her website.
- Grab a copy Life: An Obsessively Grateful, Undone by Jesus, Genuinely Happy, and Not Faking it Through the Hard Stuff Kind of 100-Day Devotional, Lisa Harper’s new devotional
- Want to know what your life is telling you? Consider “Listening to Your Life” by Frederick Buechner
- Want to hear more from Chrystal about what it means to pay attention to your life? Grab a copy of her book, She’s Still There: Rescuing the Girl in You
Click to Tweet
- “You’ve got to make peace with your own life.”- Lisa Harper
- “Jesus doesn’t use shame as a motivational tool.”- Lisa Harper
- “People are much less interested in how you got it right than how you got it wrong and God redeemed it.”- Lisa’s mentor
- “Joy and pain are not mutually exclusive.”- Lisa Harper
Other Stuff to Check Out
- Need to encourage your soul? Try listening to the playlist I put together for my mom, Lady Lois’ Worship
- Interested in supporting the content I create and enjoying bonus content? Learn about joining my Inner Circle!
- Be sure to also check out my other books She’s Still There, Show Up For Your Life, Kingdom Woman!
- Why is it important to listen to your life?
- How has the art of asking yourself questions benefited your life?
- What practical steps can you take to create margin in your life?
- In what ways can you identify the mutual experience of grief and joy to be good in your life?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!