Have you ever found yourself reflecting on your parenting and wondering if your kids will turn out okay? Do you wonder if you’re doing a good job being a mom?
Parenting is an adventure–that’s for sure. This adventure can be crazy, difficult, or exhilarating, and oftentimes it can be all three in one day (or one hour depending on how everyone is feeling). But one thing is for sure, it takes skill to parent, and from time to time all of us will question whether or not we have what it takes.
Ginger Hubbard joins me on today’s podcast to chat about what intentional parenting looks like in today’s culture. Ginger, the author of Don’t Make Me Count to Three, shares wisdom about addressing the heart of a child and not merely their behavior. Ginger also gives honest and practical steps for the days we just “blow it” as parents! On the journey of raising children, some days we just “miss the boat.” Parents are humans too — humans in need of the same grace we extend to our children.
Ginger also compares being a parent to getting a new appliance. We think we know how everything works, but when we need help, there’s a manual. Even though children may not come with literal instructions, we have access to God at all times. Family was God’s idea, which means that we can trust Him to show us how to care for our own.
Listen to this episode and learn more about Ginger in the resource links below!
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
- Wise words for moms
- Practical parenting tips for all ages
- Training the hearts of children
- “As parents, we need to be able to admit when we blow it.” –Ginger Hubbard
- “We can train children in righteousness, but we cannot make them righteous. Only Christ can do that.” – Ginger Hubbard
- “Our children need to be motivated out of a love of virtue, rather than a fear of punishment.” – Ginger Hubbard
- “It is never too late to start training your children in the way of the Lord.” –Ginger Hubbard
- “When God calls you to something, He equips you. It doesn’t matter how many times you’ve failed.” –Ginger Hubbard
- “Always point your children back to God and His Word.” -Chrystal Hurst
Resources From Today’s Show
- Purchase I Can’t Believe You Just Said That! Biblical Wisdom for Taming Your Child’s Tongue
- Check out Don’t Make Me Count to Three and other resources by Ginger Hubbard!
- Find Ginger on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and on her website.
==> General Links
- Have you grabbed this month’s freebie? It’s available for the month of May here.
- Did catch my chat with Arlene Pellicane on Mentoring as a Mama? Listen here.
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
- Grab my latest book, She’s Still There!
- Take a look at Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- What is the difference between training hearts of children and training their behavior?
- How could you focus more on training hearts and not actions?
- In what ways could you extend more grace to yourself as a parent?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!