Romans 8:28 says, “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” But what if something happens in your life that leaves you wondering if God is really good or,at least, being good to you?
In today’s podcast, DeAnna Cochran takes us on a journey of a real-life “beauty from ashes” story. DeAnna has walked through unimaginable grief –the loss of her child. But despite an extremely devastating situation, she has found God’s hand at work in the midst of her trials. God used her place of sorrow as the very soil in which her story and her passions would grow.
Deanna’s story illustrates how God is capable of working — even in death and loss — to bring about a beautiful resurrection in His time. Her story is a testament to how God heals broken hearts and blesses those who need hope during their darkest days.
What story did God weave in DeAnna’s life? Today, DeAnna is a creative visionary and metalsmith who found hope by helping others heal. Through intentionality and faith, DeAnna has been able to get back to the girl in her while leading others toward healing. Chrystal and DeAnna explore how a project designed for personal preservation turned into a lucrative business, charity, and a tool that blesses others as DeAnna continues to honor the gifts of the girl in her.
Listen to this episode and be sure to to visit DeAnna’s website (link below in resources)
to browse her designer jewelry collection. DeAnna’s jewelry is all about story. She began by sharing her own story, and continues guide others to courageously tell their stories as well. .
Highlight from Today’s Episode:
- How to accept your reality but not get stuck in your reality
- Recognize your need for others to speak into your life
- How to have a consistent framework of faith
- How to get back to the girl in you
Resources From Today’s Show
- Want to shop DeAnna’s jewelry collection? www.deannacochranjewelry.com
- Be sure to follow DeAnna’s journey! Facebook / Instagram
==> Click to Tweet
- It might define us… but we can’t let it ruin us. – DeAnna Cochran
- Worry just distracts you from the here and now. – DeAnna Cochran
- My business plan could never match God’s business plan. – DeAnna Cochran
- If God says “later” that doesn’t mean “never”. Relax and trust. – Chrystal Hurst
==> General Links
- Did you miss my chat on Blended Families with Rachel Scott? Be sure and listen!!
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
- Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
- She’s Still There by Chrystal Evans Hurst
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- What gifts and talents have you allowed to lay dormant?
- In your painful seasons of life, what is your go to outlet?
- How have you seen God’s sovereignty in your story?
- Do you have a “tribe” — a group of women who love you and that have your back? Do you speak life into others — particularly those around you who may have a talent or gift laying dormant?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!