One of the things I love to do is to answer your questions in an honest and practical way. So every now and then, I dedicate a podcast to sharing my answers to some of the questions that you have asked. Now — don’t be shocked when you hear me talking fast on this episode. I try really hard to get as many questions in as I can without making the show too long. You have been warned!
In all seriousness, I see your questions. You send them to me via email, social media, or in person when you meet me at a speaking event and it’s my desire to help in any way that I can. Here’s what you need to know, if you have the question, someone else probably does too. I share this Q&A because it helps us all to know that we are not the only one facing the situations that we are in and while sometimes the answers aren’t perfect or pretty, there is hope.
If you have question, you can always leave me a message or send me a voicemail by visiting chrystalevanshurst.com/askme. I look forward to hearing from you!
On today’s podcast I tackle a bunch of questions and I hope that you will be encouraged by the answers to a few of them. Here are some of the questions I tackle on this episode:
Highlight from Today’s Episode:
- How can I survive a loveless marriage?
- Why do you homeschool and what curriculum are you using to teach your kids?
- What do you do to set healthy boundaries with overbearing family or friends?
- Should I stay at my church if I’m not being fed spiritually?
- How do you handle a husband who does not use encouraging and uplifting words in interactions with his wife?
- How did you get started writing your book and finding a publisher?
- I’m a mom of small kids. What can I do to get out of the rut that I’m in?
- If you could have a conversation with your thirty year old self, what wisdom would you share?
- How do you continually find the motivation to work out?
- What are some of the holiday traditions you enjoy in your family.
Resources From Today’s Show
- Order She’s Still There
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
- Jotham’s Journey
- She Speaks Conference
- Harper Collins Christian author helps – harpercollinschristian.com/manuscripts
- My Father’s World homeschool curriculum
==> Click to Tweet
- Create habits in your life to carry you when motivation doesn’t.
- You have to constantly rehearse your value and not depend on others to tell you what they think about you.
- Difficult years won’t last forever.
- Children learn character by watching your example.
==> General Links
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
- Did you miss Part 3 of How to be Happy You’re Not. Check it out here!
- Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- Which question and answer was the most helpful to you today?
- What advice would you share in response to the questions from today? What wisdom do you have to share?
- In preparation for new podcast episodes in the new year, what topics would be helpful to you for me to delve into?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in do the same on the podcast!