When do you feel like your girl had the most hope and expectation?
Stuck in a trailer house, living in poverty, and a college dropout, Candace Payne, famously known as Chewbacca Mom, knows what it means to seemingly move from one stagnant situation to another.
Candace shares the memory of going back to her 4-year-old self and recalling what that girl wanted. In doing so, her eyes were opened to how God had designed her and she had complete clarity as to what she was supposed to do in this world.
In this episode, Candice talks about discovering and uncovering the joy of her life, speaking life to dead situations, and our heart’s longing to find and embrace hope.
Most of us know Candace from her unforgettable moment of hysterical laughter. I hope that as you listen to our dialogue you see her as the girl who, like many of us, has had to push through one situation after another holding on to hope and laughter. I pray that as you hear a small portion of her story, you are reminded that the girl you always wanted to be or never thought you could be, she’s still there.
Highlight from Today’s Episode:
- Dealing with depression and body image issues
- The importance of laughter and joy
- Retraining your mind by speaking well to and of yourself
Resources From Today’s Show
- She’s Still There by Chrystal Hurst
- Pre-Order Candace’s Book, Laugh It Up.
- Find Candace Payne on her website, Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram
- Download the Bible App Abide
- Need a laugh? Watch the video that went viral that gave Candace the name Chewbacca Mom
- Need to hear more about what it means to take your thoughts captive? Listen to the Coach Your Head podcast from earlier this year.
==> Click to Tweet
- God knows us in the fullness of who we are. – Candace Payne
- Turn down the noise of this world and bring the fun. – Candace Payne
- Laughter and joy are good medicines for our souls. – Candace Payne
- There is a key somewhere and you better find it because you can’t live in chains all your life. – Candace Payne
==> General Links
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
- Did you miss last week’s She’s Still There Story with Lisa Harper, Check it out here!
- Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- When do you feel like your girl had the most hope and expectation?
- Who holds the key to the shackles that you find yourself in? What can you do to release those shackles?
- When is the last time you had a really good laugh? What simple joy do you need to make time for today?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in do the same on the podcast!