Women need love.
Men need respect.
Many of us have heard that over and over again, but what does that mean?
coerced convinced my husband to join me for a podcast after so many of you have asked me to chat with The Mister on the show.
Join me and my man for an authentic conversation about what love and respect means for him in the context of our marriage.
This is not what you should listen to if you are looking for a perfect marriage where two people have everything figured out and have done lots of things right. This is a little of what we’ve done right and plenty of what we’ve done wrong. While we don’t have all the answers, we’ve certainly been married long enough to have a few tips to share with you.
I think my main take away after this chat with my hubby in front of a microphone is that we each have the power to affect the tone of our relationships. So many of us spend time trying to get or even demand what we think we need from them. The key is really to do our best to love them well and see what sprouts up in the soil that we water.
Now, I’m not saying that as a woman you should have no self-respect, personal sense of value, or healthy boundaries. What I am saying however is that I have seen more damage done when individual fight so hard for their own rights to have their needs to the detriment of the relationship and to the individual that they claim they love.
It’s about your focus. When you focus on your personal frustration alone, you might actually be stealing or even hording the love, honor, or appreciation your spouse needs. And sometimes, the very thing you withhold may be the very key to unlocking the door of your man’s heart.
A word to the wise from a woman who knows… Be careful about being caught up in your own frustrations. You may be shooting yourself in the foot.
Join me today as I reflect on what it looks like to love your man.
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
“What Does It Mean to Love Your Man”
- Show respect. Don’t tell. Try asking questions.
- Watch your tone. Try to keep your communication level and un-emotional and see how that works.
- Mutual appreciation and support goes a long way for filling your spouse’s love tank.
==> Links for Today’s Show
- Did you miss last week’s podcast? CLICK HERE!
- Want to receive my blog post in your inbox? CLICK HERE
- Want to read my book? Check out Kingdom Woman!
- Would you like to interview your husband and peak into his heart? Take a look at these 10 Questions Every Woman Should Ask Her Husband Every Year.
- Need some help with what to talk about on date night? Try these conversation starters from Family Life or these from the Unveiled Wife or these date night questions from Proverbs 31 Ministries.
- Do you and your spouse need a weekend away to “fan the flame”? Check out a Weekend to Remember.
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment or ask a question!
- What was helpful to you after listening to today’s podcast?
- What have you learned in past relationships or in your marriage about loving and respecting men?
- What is the most difficult part for you when it comes to loving your man well?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
3. Share today’s show – I could use your help with getting the word out there about my new podcast. Would you take a minute to share today’s post? Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post. Thanks!
Can I ask you a favor? However you found me, will you be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists! Thanks in advance for your help!