~ Morning Kingdom Kindreds! ~
Welcome back everyone! Today is the fourth of FIVE #KingdomWoman Wednesdays. The goal of our “One Month Journey” together is not only to read and discuss Kingdom Woman but also to apply principles found in Kingdom Woman so that we can activate change in our lives!
Today you’ve got two videos to watch when you have a moment! One from me that details my thoughts on our reading assignment for this week, and two more from me with answers to a couple of your questions!
If you haven’t already signed up for the “One Month Journey”, be sure and post a comment to THIS POST.
As a reminder, each Wednesday, I’ll share some thoughts with you about where we are headed and then give you a little “R&R”, that is… your assignment for reading and reflection.
Also, don’t forget about our Facebook Party today at Noon. If you can’t make today’s party, no worries, there will be a twitter party tomorrow night 🙂 If you can’t make that, no worries, both of these things are optional!
If you haven’t already completed your blog and linked up with our Kingdom Woman Blog Hop, you aren’t too late. We want YOUR recipes! You can add your blog until Friday.
Don’t stop sending in your questions ladies! After this Wednesday, we have ONLY one more Wednesday to get your questions answered! Keep scrolling through today’s post to find the Q & A video.
Please read today’s instructions carefully and then watch the video!
- Be sure and post a comment to today’s post. That will let me know you are HERE!
- When you post a comment today, identify yourself by: first name, city, state, (and country if not the USA), favorite dessert, THEN respond to your reflection questions. Here’a a sample comment to give you a visual: Chrystal, Dallas, Texas, chocolate chip cookies, Answer #1, #2, etc…
- Once you comment for yourself, feel free to reply to any comment that you see in the thread. Let’s encourage each other!
- And just for today! Your comment will enter you to win a Kingdom Woman Journal! I’ll select a winner at random.
Kingdom Woman Journals
A Few Thoughts on Chapters 9 thru 12!
~ Today’s “R&R” ~
Every week you will have an opportunity to reflect on the previous week’s reading.
Don’t feel pressure to answer all of the questions.
- Fun question – If a movie was being made of your life and you could choose the actor/actress to play you, who would you choose and why?
- Part III of Kingdom Woman talks about the importance of a woman’s personal, family, church, and community life. However, as I discuss in today’s video, the only way for us to know how God wants us to order and prioritize our lives is to ASK HIM!!! He will be faithful to give us the direction for what we do and how much time and effort we allot to the different areas of our lives. So be honest. Based on how you CURRENTLY live your life, where are your priorities ~ marriage, kids, work, church, community, money, time with God, etc? (You can base your answers on a variety of factors: time spent, the order in which you do things, or the discipline with which you address the various areas of your life. We can’t necessarily spent 8 hours in Bible study just because we spend that amount of time at work but a person disciplined to daily study could still say that their time with God was their priority!)
- In Chapter 9, we discuss marriage and singlehood. If you are single and desiring of marriage, what are the top five qualities of the man you would like to marry? I’m sure that most of us would say that we wold want to marry a man who loves God and who is a Kingdom Man so choose five OTHER qualities. If you haven’t made a list, you should! It might help you recognize him when God brings him your way!
- If you are married, what is your single most difficult ongoing area of challenge?
- Whether you are single or married, you can choose to have JOY. Chapter 9 discusses our ability to choose an outlook of hope based on the fact that God is for us even in the midst of difficult circumstances. What does choosing joy look like for you?
- Chapters 10 discusses the importance of roles vs. equality and the principle of submission. Do you cringe when you here the “S” word? Why? Why not?
- Chapter 11 discusses the importance of the woman and her role with her church. Mentoring in the spirit of Titus 2 is a big part of how we can grow and women in our various seasons. Do you need mentoring? What area do you need it in most (marriage, parenting, spiritual growth)? What about you mentoring someone else? What area(s) of life could you teach someone else about (cooking, excellence on the job, self-care, fashion? Mentors don’t have to be perfect. They just have to be willing to share what they’ve learned.
- Chapter 12 discusses the Kingdom Woman and her community. Many times, Christians can bunker down and do church so well that we don’t allow ourselves to be a light for Christ outside of the sanctuary! How are you being a light for Christ in your community?
- Feel free to comment on the video devotional regarding anything that resonated with you.
By next Wednesday, October 1st, read Chapters 9 thru 12 of Kingdom Woman
(If you’ve already read it, either read it again, or go back through and take time to review the Bible passages mentioned)
Suggestions for Scripture Reading
1 Corinthians 7
Book of Esther (Challenge!)
Suggestions for Scripture Memory
1 Corinthians 2:2
1 Peter 3:1-2
Today’s Q & A …
~ A Few Reminders ~
Kingdom Woman Q &A
Submit questions on biblical womanhood for myself or my dad, Tony Evans, to answer!
Just click on the “Ask Chrystal” button on the menu bar (under “Chrystal”)
Next week Dad and I will both be on video to answer YOUR questions!
Kingdom Woman Connections
Facebook Party TODAY @ NOON (CST)
Twitter Chat tomorrow @ 8 – 9 pm (CST)
Get a pen that you love! Get ready to mark up your book or write in a journal!
Don’t like to write with a pen? Start a blog!
A few items for those just joining the journey…
Q & A – Submit questions on biblical womanhood for myself or my dad, Tony Evans, to answer! Just click on the “Ask Chrystal” button on the menu bar (under “Chrystal”). Each week on Wednesday via video blog, one (or both) of us will answer some of the questions we receive!
The Blog – The main source of information for the journey is on the blog. Be sure and subscribe so that posts from the blog will go straight to your email box and you won’t miss anything. While, Wednesdays are our BIG #KingdomWoman days and will be the main place for your assignments for “R&R” (reading and reflection) I’ll post here and there on the blog to keep us on track for the journey! While you can find me blabbing away on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest, those are optional places to find me or other info, graphics, or FUN on the Kingdom Woman One Month Journey.
The Comments – Your responses in the comments are your way to make sure that I see your thoughts. Please pour your heart out there. I read every single one. Remember, feel free to reply to any comment that you see in the thread. Let’s encourage each other! If you haven’t already, make sure I can “see” you! Go to Gravatar.com so I can see your face in the comments!
Social Media – Make it easy for me to find you! As you share quotes from the book on Facebook or Twitter or maybe even take, make, and share graphic images on Pinterest or Instagram, be sure and use the hashtag #KingdomWoman. This way, we can find each other as we share!
The Book – We are reading and reflecting on Kingdom Woman. It’s not too late to download an Ebook or pick one up at your local bookstore and join the journey!