But what does it mean to let it go?
On this podcast, that’s what I’ll be talking specifically about. Letting it go, is not just about letting things go, it’s about letting people go, and it’s about learning to let yourself go when you need to let yourself off the hook. Letting go means learning the rhythms of grace for your own life and for the life you live in connection with other people. It means choosing to move forward and choosing not to allow anything that is in your head, your heart or in your hands hold you back. If you want to live well, you will have to learn how to leave some things, some people, and some thoughts behind.
I’m so behind on This Is Us. I’ve DVR’d all the shows, but I have yet to make the time to sit down and watch them all. If you watch This Is Us, you know how good of a show it is and you’ll remember that last year around this time, we were all waiting on that infamous show to air after the Super Bowl so that we could put an end to our wondering and be a part of that story in a new way. If you were like me, you watch that episode, seeing him go into that house that was obviously burning down and wonder why in the world he would go back in after their family dog. And you wished with all of your might that he would have just left the dog alone. When he came out, I like many of you, breathed a sigh of relief thinking yay he made it out of the house alive. But still wondering what happened that took Jack out. But then you realized, even though the fire did not immediately take him, the effects of the fire eventually did.
This is what happens to you if you refuse to let some things go. It’s not that the things are terrible, it’s not that the thoughts are awful, it’s simply there is more at stake in your life than holding on to some things that are holding you back. You’ve heard me say it before, I’ll say it again, “this life is not a dress rehearsal” you get to go around one time. And I want to encourage you today, to leave nothing on the table. I want encourage you to choose to let go of the things that are keeping you from learning to live.
Highlight from Today’s Episode:
- Live lightly
- Learn the art of release
- Leave it behind
Resources From Today’s Show
==> General Links
- If you haven’t already grabbed your free download, you can do so by clicking here!
- Did you miss episode 201?! Listen here.
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
- Grab my latest book, She’s Still There!
- Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- What do you need to seriously consider letting go of in order to show up for your life? What do you need to stop doing so you can start doing something else in it’s place?
- Who in your life can hold you accountable to following through in making this change? Sometimes the missing link in real lasting change is simply accountability.
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!