On today’s faith-centered podcast, I talk about what can get us going in circles, and what we can do to break out of those ruts.
Everyone I know wants to move forward in their life. They want to achieve their goals and they desire to realize their dreams.
But what gets in the way?
Why do so many people get stuck – tripping up on the same challenges over and over again and ultimately not being able to realize the very lives they long for.
I think the Bible may have some clues about what works… and what doesn’t.
As I continue to read through the Bible…
I’m drawn to the story of the Israelites.
The nation of Israel, beloved of the Lord, repeatedly makes the same mistakes over and over again. They seem oblivious to their poor choices and to the blessings they forfeit by going in circles.
Well, maybe I’m drawn to their story because it’s my story.
Actually, I think that this idea of going in circles, being stuck, struggling to get free, and then finding oneself right back in the same pit is a theme for a lot of people.
So on today’s podcast, I exam what the Israelites didn’t do and contrast that with what we what we should do.
God made it very clear what he wanted the Israelites to do. They just never got around to doing it.
Our problem is probably not lack of information but lack of activation.
My prayer is that today’s podcast motivates you to action.
I pray that you would use the knowledge you already possess, take the risk to move into new territory, and allow God’s grace to cover you as you journey.
I can’t promise that breaking out your rut will be easy.
But I can promise you that it will be worth it.
I think that is my favorite message from today’s podcast.
Life isn’t gonna be perfect. In fact, it might come pretty hard for you. Like the Israelites, you might find at every turn that there is something or someone waiting to bring you down and discourage you, get you off track, or distract you from your personal finish line.
However, you don’t simply have to react to the events your life.
You get to make choices.
Those choices may not be easy and they might even take a little courage on your part.
But haven’t you heard?
Scared is the new brave.
Break out of that rut.
Get to the next level.
Move on to the next season.
You can do it.
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
“3 Tips for Breaking Out of a Rut”
- Finish what you start.
- Don’t blame other people for your problems.
- Live aware. Pay attention to your life.
==> Links for Today’s Show
- Did you miss last week’s podcast? CLICK HERE!
- Want to receive my blog post in your inbox? CLICK HERE
- Want to read my book? Check out Kingdom Woman!
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment or ask a question!
- Are you stuck in a rut? How so?
- What is one thing that helped you from this podcast!
- Have a question you’d like for me to answer on a future podcast? Share your question with me HERE.
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
3. Share today’s show – I could use your help with getting the word out there about my new podcast. Would you take a minute to share today’s post? Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post. Thanks!
Can I ask you a favor? However you found me, will you be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists! Thanks in advance for your help!