People ask me all the time how I started running.
This podcast answers the why, the how, and a few other small details that might help you start running too (or whatever other healthy activity that floats your boat).
And while I do talk a bit about some of my favorite running tips and stuff…
The goal of today’s podcast is get you thinking about what YOU can do to start or restart your fitness journey.
The goal is to give you a few things to think about and then motivate you to START!
I want you to think about how you want to live your “fit” life and then starting LIVING it!
What decisions do you have to make before deciding on what fitness plan is right for you?
How do you decide on your goal?
Will you make the necessary time available to do the work of getting fit?
Anybody can start a fitness program, but people who experience success in this arena are committed to their goals, have a realistic plan for reaching those goals, and are prepared with the tools they need.
Today I share a a bit of my journey towards fitness and encourage you to give your fitness journey your best shot.
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
“Prepare to Get Fit”
Get your thoughts together.
Get your plans in order.
Get your gear.
==> Links for Today’s Show
- Want to start working on your first 5K? Check out the Couch to 5K training program (scroll down to see the plan).
- Find a 5K near you HERE!
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
- Did you miss last week’s podcast? Check it out here!
- Did you miss Polish the Diamond?
- Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
==> Resources mentioned in Today’s Show
- Awesome, inexpensive earbuds! – Panasonic RP=HJE120-S
- Even better earbuds at a reasonable price – Panasonic RP-HJE450-R
- Walmart Dankins Capris/Tights – Inexpensive and gets the job done.
- Target Champion “C9” Capris/Tights – a bit better on the quality for a few more dollars.
- Amphipod Hydration Belt – for when you need to quench your thirst.
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment or ask a question!
- How did today’s podcast help you?
- What’s your “WHY”? Why are you interested in treating your body better?
- What is your PLAN for starting (or restarting) your fitness journey?
- What gear (if any) do you need to get started?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
3. Share today’s show – I could use your help with getting the word out there about my new podcast. Would you take a minute to share today’s post? Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post. Thanks!
Can I ask you a favor? However you found me, will you be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists! Thanks in advance for your help!