I promised you last week that I’d have a chat with a fitness friend of mine, but between her schedule and mine we couldn’t make it happen.
I’m happy to say that we got our act together this week!
Meet Bobbie… my “cute and fine” friend.
I love her.
She is spunky. She is fun. She is super encouraging.
And super positive about any person’s ability to change their life, one day at a time.
As we close out the month of July and, with it, our theme of celebration, I thought it appropriate to discuss how to celebrate YOU on the last day.
If you are anything like me, normally words describing my body and the word celebration don’t go together in the same sentence. But my fitness friend believes those words fit together quite nicely! In this episode, Bobbie challenges me and anyone who will listen to cease the habit of longing for the appendages of the woman in the magazines, and appreciating the beauty of our own.
Trust me. You will be encouraged by listening to this one.
Here’s the cruxt of the matter. You are a beautiful creation. You are fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139). You are a diamond. You are already valuable. But like any diamond – no matter how expensive – it needs to be polished.
So it’s OK if you are not in the best shape.
So what if you can’t hold a plank for longer than 12 seconds.
Start from where you are.
Work with what you’ve got.
Do the best you can.
And do it as consistently as possible.
Ya’ll get ready.
This podcast is gonna bless your socks off.
My socks flew off and landed clear across the room.
Maybe you oughta go ahead and just take your socks off now.
Oh… and just in case you make incorrect assumptions…
Bobbie is normal.
She’s not a vegan.
She’s not a fruitarian.
She works a desk job.
She hates running.
She eats meat.
She loves cheese.
So relax and don’t have any preconceived ideas about where this ball of fire is coming from.
Are you celebrating the body that you have?
I know I want to.
Bobbie does an credible job of telling us THAT we should celebrate the skin we are in and WHY we make that celebration a priority!
Then be sure and comment to let me know what you think.
And yes… I’ve got yet another theme song option for you to listen to. I promise this is coming to an end soon!
Highlight from Today’s Episode:
“Polish the Diamond”
Have YOUR best body… not anybody else’s.
Working out is simply “polishing the diamond”.
Find something you love and stick with it.
- Sugar is E-V-E-R-Y-W-H-E-R-E. BEWARE!!!
- Whatever you feed is what you are going to crave.
==> Links for Today’s Show
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
- Want to learn more about thinking differently about food? Check out THIS PODCAST.
- Did you miss last week’s podcast? Check it out here!
- Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment or ask a question!
- How did today’s podcast challenge/encourage you?
- The Instagram Challenge is coming (#foodchronicles)!!! What is one change that you could commit to for seven days to “polish-your-diamond”? Small changes count!
- What do you LIKE about your body? Let’s focus on the positive!
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
3. Share today’s show – I could use your help with getting the word out there about my new podcast. Would you take a minute to share today’s post? Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post. Thanks!
Can I ask you a favor? However you found me, will you be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists! Thanks in advance for your help!