Do you ever look at other people’s lives and feel like you are falling behind? Maybe you don’t feel like you are as successful as you should be or you aren’t living in the house you want to live in. In this hurried world, you may wake up with an overwhelming feeling of wanting to be further along than you are right now. In this episode, I talk with Jennifer Dukes about ways to slow down and unhurry our hearts.
First, you have to pay attention and decide if there is a problem. Notice if you are living too fast and every minute of the day you feel like you have to fill it. Fast living is an issue of the heart. You could have a blank calendar with nothing on it and still have a hurried soul. This hurry and busyness can actually cause trauma to your body so it’s super important you assess your pace of life. Jennifer and I not only talk about what you can do to change your pace, but also things you can say to yourself when you are feeling a hurry rising up.
In the Bible, we read over and over how Jesus went away to pray. He pushed back from the crowds of people to have quiet moments. He wasn’t in a hurry to do the things He was supposed to do even though He had an important job to do in a short amount of time. If you believe that Jesus lived a remarkable life, left an impactful legacy, and you want to do the same, make the effort to look at what you don’t have to do right now and how you can slow down and grow deep roots that will support real growth.
How’s this life of hustle treating you? Tap the brakes. Give yourself grace to set a pace worth practicing over the long haul.
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
- Giving yourself grace
- Embracing the boring parts
- Tapping the brakes and paying attention
Resources from today’s show
- Connect with Jennifer Dukes Lee on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook.
- Listen to podcast episode #206 – The Balancing Act: God & Goals to hear more from Jennifer.
- Pick up one, or all, of Jennifer’s Books: It’s All Under Control, The Happiness Dare, Growing Slow
- Consider reading Richard Swenson’s Book: Margin
Click to Tweet
- “The speed of light is not the only speed there is.” – Chrystal Hurst
- “Even in the soil of adversity, good things are growing.” – Jennifer Dukes Lee
- “It’s not good to rush through the seasons of growth.” – Chrystal Hurst
Other Stuff to Check Out
- Need to encourage your soul? Try listening to the playlist I put together for my mom, Lady Lois’ Worship
- Interested in supporting the content I create and enjoying bonus content? Learn about joining my Inner Circle!
- Be sure to also check out my other books She’s Still There, Show Up For Your Life, Kingdom Woman!
- How’s that life of hustle treating you?
- In which areas of your life do you need to intentionally slow down?
- How are you going to unhurry your heart?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!