Well, guess what? I know the answer!
God’s will is that you both surrender your life to Him AND live on purpose.
Now, you may be asking, “What the heck does that mean?” Well, take a deep breath and trust me when I say, you can let things go and pick things up at the same time. I know, I know… you are probably thinking, “But what does ‘letting go’ or surrendering even look like day to day? And besides, there are too many things in my life that won’t keep moving if I don’t push them! There are so many things I’m responsible for. There are so many people depending on me! How in the world can I surrender?!”
Trust me, I get it. I have often wondered those things myself. When overwhelmed, I have asked, “How am I supposed to live with intention and meaning as a mother, wife, friend, and career woman and also let go and give God everything?”
Listen in, friends! You’re in for a treat. Jennifer Dukes Lee is an author, acquisitions editor, and fellow high-achiever. I felt so at home talking to her because I was grateful to know that I wasn’t the only girl trying to figure out the goals and God thing. I recorded a podcast with Jennifer and we had a very practical and helpful conversation about how to live a life of surrender while not apologizing for being a “go-getter”. She has learned how to live with God as the CEO of her life and also be who He created her to be! Jennifer shares how we can be confident women of God who hustle hard and enjoy getting things done while also letting go of control and living the blessed and surrendered life God calls us to.
So if you are a “go-getter” who doesn’t know how to balance it all, you are in good company. After you listen to the episode, please let me know what practical takeaways you get from my conversation with Jennifer! And in the meantime, believe me when I tell you that it’s okay to do YOU!
So yes girl…
Go ahead. Hustle. Create. Shine.
Highlight from Today’s Episode:
- What the life of a woman who loves God look like (it may not be what you imagine!)
- How to both actively pursue your calling and also surrender all to God
- How to tell the difference between healthy control and unhealthy control of your life
- How to discern what is God calling you to do and let go of the things He is not calling you to
- How to recognize if you are partnering with God or playing God in your life
Click to Tweet
- “Sometimes surrender means marching forward like a warrior.” – Jennifer Dukes Lee
- “We can be achievers and love Jesus at the same time.” – Jennifer Dukes Lee
- “We don’t win spiritual brownie points for diminishing our gifts.” – Jennifer Dukes Lee
- “As a woman, you aren’t called to shrink. You are called to shine.” – Jennifer Dukes Lee
- “We can partner with God instead of playing God in our lives.” – Jennifer Dukes Lee
- “You are the direct aftermath of God breathing life into you.” – Jennifer Dukes Lee
Resources From Today’s Show
- Visit Jennifer’s website: www.jenniferdukeslee.com
- Follower Jennifer on Instagram and Twitter
- Grab Jennifer’s book, It’s All Under Control
- Check out some of my favorite things on Amazon!
Other Stuff to Check Out
- Grab my latest books She’s Still There, 28 Days of Prayer, or Kingdom Woman!
- Did you miss Episode 205?! Click here to hear my conversation with Amy Lynn Andrews about doing more of what you love.
- Interested in supporting the content I create? Learn more about becoming a co-producer!
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- Are you energized or depleted by your calendar?
- Are you seeking to control your life in healthy or unhealthy ways?
- Are you playing God in your life, or partnering with Him? Based on your answer, what is God calling you to hang on to? What is God calling you to let go of?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!