Sometimes it’s not that you are lost, it’s just that you are finding a different angle in your life. Have you ever had a desire that God has placed within you? One that you haven’t acted on because you are afraid of what the outcome might actually be? Are you afraid of the adjustments you will have to make and wondering whether the girl within you will step out of her comfort zone and be brave enough to embrace change?
Clarise Cannings joins me this week to talk about her journey as a single foster parent. She decided to go after a desire God placed within her at a young age to ensure that no one ever feels unwanted. Clarise shares lessons she has learned along the way and discusses how fostering has allowed her to extend a loving hand to kids who need care for a little while. Clarise believes that if you are capable and willing to do something to help others, why not do it yourself instead of waiting for someone else to step up?
Clarise speaks candidly about the decisions she has made to live the “foster-mom” life and the adjustments she has made to shift from being a single woman with her own schedule to being a foster parent and an advocating voice for someone else.
Listen, sometimes we tend to wait for all of our ducks to be in a row before we take the next step, while waiting for our dreams to fit in our life plan or fill a void we think will never be filled. As you listen to Clarise’s story, I hope you discover the capacity within you to go after the dreams and desires God has placed in your heart and take steps to act on the aspirations or intentions that are deeply embedded in your soul. You might just discover that there is more to your story than you know.
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
- The journey to fostering
- Discovering your changing role
- Finding your voice in circumstances
- Lessons learned through a new season
Click to Tweet
- Sometimes it’s not that you’re lost in your life, it’s just that you are finding a different angle. – Chrystal Hurst
- You have to be willing to grow up. – Chrystal Hurst
- Everyone should feel like they are wanted. – Clarise Cannings
- It’s going to be hard, I’m going to have to change, but if I don’t do it who will? – Clarise Cannings
Resources From Today’s Show
- Interested in Fostering? Go here.
- Call your local county Department of Social Services to get more information.
- Check out my previous podcast with Clarise.
Other Stuff to Check Out
- Grab my latest books She’s Still There, Show Up For Your Life, 28 Days of Prayer, or Kingdom Woman!
- If you missed Episode 224 with Nicole Denson? Click here to listen!
- Get a chance to read my post about My Summer Hair Situation?
- Interested in supporting the content I create? Learn about becoming a co-producer!
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- What has God trusted you within your life? Why has he placed that in your heart?
- What is something you want to see God do in you? In what ways do you hope to continue to grow?
- What opportunity in your life has pushed you to grow? What did you discover about yourself?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!