Today on the podcast I had the pleasure of chatting with Olympic Gold Medalist, Michelle Carter. With disappointment behind her and obstacles in front of her, Michelle knew 2016 would be the year she would have to activate and walk in her faith.
She shares what it looked like to act like a gold medalist before she was ever deemed a gold medal.
I appreciate her candor, confidence, and commitment to the goal at hand. Even though it looked like things weren’t stacked in her favor, she still stepped up and showed up. And that is exactly what she is encouraging us to do today.
Whether it be maintaining focus, being comfortable in the skin you are in, taking thoughts captive, or simply getting out of the bed and getting dressed in the morning, you have to be intentional in what you do and say. You may not get to choose the outcome of your situations, but you do get to choose your attitude and the effort you put forth to get closer to your goal.
As Michelle shares in the podcast–the words that come out your mouth and the words that you allow to go into your ears matter. So I’m encouraging you to listen as we laugh a little, chat about being honest with ourselves, forgiving ourselves, being comfortable with who we are, and focusing on who we know we need to be.
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
- Gaining and maintaining Focus
- Activating and walking in Faith
- Moving past disappointment
- Body image and being comfortable with you
Resources From Today’s Show
- Want to WATCH my interview with Michelle Carter on YouTube? CLICK HERE
- Find Michelle on on her website, Twitter, Facebook or Instagram
- Listen to The Ziglar Show Podcast
- Listen to Chris Hogan’s Retire Inspired Podcast
- View the The One Thing by Gary Keller
- Verses mentioned on today’s show: Romans 12:2 – Renew your mind, 2 Corinthians 10:5 -Take thoughts captive, Philippians 4:13 – I can do all things
==> Click to Tweet
- It’s okay if you don’t get it on the first try. Give yourself more than one chance. – Michelle Carter
- I had to act like a gold medalist before I was a gold medalist – Michelle Carter
- Trust God to do His part and be willing to do your part. – Chrystal Hurst
- Keep acting as if God can do what you are asking Him to do. – Chrystal Hurst
- I can be satisfied because I believe God makes no mistakes. – Michelle Carter
==> General Links
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
- Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- What thoughts do you need to take captive?
- What are some ways in which you practically renew your mind?
- How do you maintain focus? What do you need to focus on this week?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in do the same on the podcast!