So apparently I had lots to say about my struggle with weight.
Cuz I started talking about it on Monday and couldn’t stop.
A very long podcast on Monday got chopped into two and today’s podcast is the continuation of where I left off. If you haven’t had a chance to listen to #007 – Why I Got Fat, take the time to do so.
Everyone who has a habitual struggle is in motion – doing something that they are used to doing – whether they like the desired effects or not.
Everyone who has a habitual struggle has to do the difficult work of changing what comes naturally and easy to stop new habits that propel them toward the place in life they want to be.
Everyone with a habitual struggle at some point has to:
- STOP long enough to assess what they are doing and why they are doing it.
- DROP undesired habits and replace them with good ones.
- ROLL in a new direction and make their way to the kind of life that they want.
DISCLAIMER: I’m still very much in process with my struggle.
Maya Angelou says, “When you know better you do better.” I would like to embellish upon this thought if I may.
When you know better you have the CAPACITY to do better.
Lots of people know what to do and don’t do it.
The difference between those who know and those who do? Those that do are willing to put in the work and exercise the discipline and consistency required to exact a lasting change.
And let’s not kid ourselves…
…It takes effort.
…It takes work.
…It takes grit and grind.
…It’s not easy.
So please know that as I share, I’m right there with you. I’m knee deep in the struggle and I’ve accepted that this is the battle of my life, somewhat kin to the struggle one has in releasing alcohol, chemical dependency, or a bad relationship.
It takes work, grit, grind, and effort to make the change for better health and KEEP MAKING the change for health.
But it all starts with 1) stopping long enough to take a look at yourself, 2) dropping the bad and adopting the good, and 3) rolling or moving towards a place of safety and health for you to have the life you were designed to live.
Excited to have you listen in and be sure and let me know your thoughts. Would love to know who I’m talking to and what your take-a-ways are!
If you have no idea how to listen to a podcast – scroll down to the end of this post and I’ll tell you everything you need to know!
Grab your headphones and join me for a chat. Keep reading if you want to take a peek at the show notes!
Can I ask you a favor? However you found me, will you be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists! Thanks in advance for your help.
Highlight from Today’s Episode:
“Stop, Drop, and Roll “
- STOP. Think, process, and write down why you are struggling with wait. Examine your life.
- DROP. Pick one thing you can stop doing that will propel you to better health.
- ROLL. What would it look like to be the healthy individual you want to be. What does “healthy you” look like? Move in that direction. Do something today that you think the “healthy you” would do.
==> Links for Today’s Show
- Looking for more specific help on what to do to lose weight? Check out How I Lost 9 Pounds in 7 Days or Meals vs Motion.
- Did you miss podcast #007 – Why Did I Get Fat? CLICK HERE to listen.
- Did you miss my first ever podcast on Balancing Fitness and Motherhood? Check out Kat Lee’s Inspired to Action podcast interview with me (my first podcast ever). Did you miss my interviews over at Inspired to Action? If you like that one. Listen in to the Surprising Elements of a Strong Family too!
- Need online help for managing your calories in and calories out? Check out My Fitness Pal!
==> General Links
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
- Did you miss last week’s podcast? Check it out here!
- Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- Why is it difficult for you to keep off unwanted pounds?
- Does your battle with weight bother you? Or is it just “something you need to work on”?
- What would it mean to you if you were able to successful get off and keep off the weight you need to lose?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
3. Share today’s show – I could use your help with getting the word out there about my new podcast. Would you take a minute to share today’s post? Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post. Thanks!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in do the same on the podcast!