Happy Monday Ya’ll!
Last week was bad. Very bad.
Basically a cheat meal gone from bad to worse sent me spinning into a landslide as far as my food is concerned.
And yet I still am scheduled to talk about “Food and Fitness”.
Of course I am.
So today’s podcast is definitely full of thoughts that I want to share with you but it is also full of thoughts I needed to share with ME!
I got so excited in fact that the podcast lasted much longer than I intended for it to and I made the decision to split into two. I will post podcast #008 on Wednesday.
After successfully losing a nice chunk of weight more than once… and each time gaining a large chunk of weight right back, I think I’m qualified to talk about the pitfalls of putting on the pounds.
I’ve had practice.
I also believe that if you find yourself falling into a ditch over and over again, it’s time to take a good look at the ditch and put some thought into why you stumble in over and over again. The hope is that with the recognition of our own individual tendencies to fall we can recognize the danger before the next time around we might be tempted to fall in.
Why do we struggle with any bad habit, overindulgence, or sin over and over again?
I look forward to exploring this with you today on the podcast.
Because I got so “into it” when discussing this topic, I split the podcast in TWO. Look for the next section to be up on the blog by Wednesday!
If you have no idea how to listen to a podcast – scroll down to the end of this post and I’ll tell you everything you need to know!
Grab your headphones and join me for a chat. Keep reading if you want to take a peek at the show notes!
Can I ask you a favor? However you found me, will you be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists! Thanks in advance for your help.
Highlight from Today’s Episode:
“Why I Got Fat… “
- When the going gets tough, the tough order pizza.
- Emotional eating is real.
- Stress and exhaustion make it difficult to make good choices.
- Why it’s important for me to get this area of my life under control and experience victory… long-term victory!
==> Links for Today’s Show
- Looking for more specific help on what to do to lose weight? Check out How I Lost 9 Pounds in 7 Days or Meals vs Motion.
- Did you miss my first ever podcast on Balancing Fitness and Motherhood? Check out Kat Lee’s Inspired to Action podcast interview with me (my first podcast ever). Did you miss my interviews over at Inspired to Action? If you like that one. Listen in to the Surprising Elements of a Strong Family too!
- Need online help for managing your calories in and calories out? Check out My Fitness Pal!
==> General Links
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
- Did you miss last week’s podcast? Check it out here!
- Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- Why is it difficult for you to keep off unwanted pounds?
- Does your battle with weight bother you? Or is it just “something you need to work on”?
- What would it mean to you if you were able to successful get off and keep off the weight you need to lose?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
3. Share today’s show – I could use your help with getting the word out there about my new podcast. Would you take a minute to share today’s post? Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post. Thanks!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in do the same on the podcast!