Do you feel lost in a sea of changing opinions? The world wants us to believe the lie that truth changes. We are encouraged to shift to fit whatever makes us feel good and whatever seems apropos. Not only does the world tell us the lie of shifting truths, we tell ourselves lies to cover our regrets. What would happen if we experienced the power of truth that is given to us in God’s Word? How would we be set free?
Lisa Bevere and I talk about what happens when you anchor your soul into the power of the unchanging truth of the “inerrant, eternal, and invincible” Word of God. Lisa shares how the Holy Spirit and God’s Word have been anchors for her in her own life storms. We also talk about the difference between sharing truth without love, loving without truth, and what happens when you speak the truth in love.
Listen to this episode as Lisa and I tackle the lie that your opinion is truth. You don’t have to live in a sea of changing opinions. You can live anchored in the power of the truth of God’s unchanging Word. Be sure pick up a copy of Lisa’s book, Adamant.
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
- Anchoring your soul in truth
- The freedom of owning our mistakes
- Hearing the voice of God
- Seeking “truth” and community on social media
- Speaking truth in love
- When you own a mistake it no longer owns you. -Lisa Bevere
- The Holy Spirit came to teach us all things. How is He going to teach if He’s not talking? -Lisa Bevere
- Truth without love is harsh. Love without truth is a lie. – Lisa Bevere
- I can never know who I am if I don’t know the Word of God. -Lisa Bevere
Resources From Today’s Show
- Find Lisa on her website, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Purchase Adamant: Finding Truth in a Universe of Opinions
==> General Links
- Did you miss my episode, Lies about Freedom with Jess Connolly?! Listen here.
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
- Grab my latest book, She’s Still There!
- Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- Have you believed the lie that truth shifts depending on our experience?
- In what ways have you sensed the Holy Spirit in your life recently?
- In what areas of your personal story do you sense God wants to unleash a greater power?
- Are you seeking the truth of community with others in your personal contact list?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!