While many of us want to be free, why don’t we feel free? Real life struggles seem to get in the way of the freedom we desire. We feel stuck in the unhealthy patterns that trap us. Anger and frustration at either ourselves or others entangle and wreck our relationships. Repeated cycles of sin keep us repenting of the same thing. On top of all of this, the Enemy wants you to believe the lie that there isn’t grace for the very real challenges we face in our fight for freedom.
Jess Connolly and I discuss the life-altering potential of grace-filled, freedom-powered living. What is the connection between grace and freedom? What does it mean to experience the strength of grace — both the giving and receiving of this heart-changing truth? Grace matters greatly in the search for freedom. Grace provides a safe place: a place where you can be honest, quit the striving, and share the truth of your deep-seated needs. Need to experience freedom in your life? Exhale and experience the beauty of grace.
Listen to this episode as Jess and I tackle the lie surrounding the idea of freedom. You were never meant to live chained. Grace is available. You are loved and valued, and God is for you. Live free.
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
- The connection between grace and freedom
- Feeling free vs. being free
- The biggest lie we believe about grace
- Receiving grace as a Christian leader
- How to show grace with truth
- You were not created to be chained. You can be free. – Jess Connolly
- When you really grab hold of grace, you will let go of unnecessary striving. – Jess Connolly
- Grace get its full power when you acknowledge that you need it. – Jess Connolly
- It is crazy that a holy and majestic God leans in towards us just at the right time. – Jess Connolly
- Despite your struggles, you are loved, you are valued, and God is for you. – Chrystal Hurst
- Repentance brings refreshment. – Jess Connolly
Resources From Today’s Show
- Find Jess on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and on her website.
- Purchase Wild and Free: A Hope-Filled Anthem for the Woman Who Feels She is Both Too Much and Never Enough
==> General Links
- Did you miss my episode, Lies about Emotions with Shundria Riddick?! Listen here.
- Or how about my bonus episode with Lisa Whittle on Prayer? Listen here.
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
- Grab my latest book, She’s Still There!
- Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- What are the lies stopping you from walking in the freedom that you have been offered?
- In what area of your life is frustration and anger surfacing the most? Why do you think this is?
- What symptoms do you need to address in order to better offer grace?
- Do you feel free, within your circles, to share the areas that you need grace? Why or why not?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!