Let’s take a look at what it means to be a girl boss! I’m talking to some of my favorite girl bosses to find out how they got started, what their everyday lives actually look like, how they make money, and how they stay healthy in the hustle.
I’m kicking off this series with a girl boss I’ve admired for awhile – Lara Casey. Lara has honestly done it all. She is the CEO of Cultivate What Matters, runs her business out of her home, employs 9 women, homeschools her oldest child, and lives full-time mom and wife life. Lara draws intentional boundaries around her time and priorities so that she can consistently grow her business AND be available to her family. I learned a lot from Lara about what it means to enjoy life because she genuinely enjoys hers, even though she has multiple irons in the fire.
Lara and I chat about her journey from musical theater in NYC to personal training to producing a wedding magazine to teaching business classes to publishing her own books. From the outside, it may look like Lara has a superpower for “getting things done” that the rest of us don’t. But Lara has done what any of us can do – determined what is most important to her and chased after it.
I learned so much from our conversation, and I know you will too!
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
- Integrating faith and business
- Working from home
- Determining how much to charge
- Knowing when to grow your business
- Tending to yourself first so you can tend to your business
- “It is out of the hard things that good things grow.” – Lara Casey
- “God breaks us down to build us back up new and different.” – Lara Casey
- “Life is too short not to give it a try.” – Lara Casey
Resources From Today’s Show
- Check out Lara’s business, Cultivate What Matters
- Interested in her Power Sheets? Get them here!
- Summer reading anyone? Check out Lara’s books Make it Happen and Cultivate.
- Connect with Lara on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest.
==> General Links
- Have you grabbed this month’s freebie? It’s available for the month of June here.
- Did catch my chat with Michelle Carter about her She’s Still There Story? Listen here.
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
- Grab my latest book, She’s Still There!
- Take a look at Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- Are you a Girl Boss or want to be a Girl Boss? What’s your big dream or goal? What’s one step you can take this week to get closer to that goal?
- How long have had this dream? What’s holding you back from just going for it? Is that a valid reason?
- Who is a Girl Boss that you know and look up to? Shoot her a text and take her to lunch this week! Bring specific questions and pick her brain.
- Share a song that makes you feel like a girl boss!
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!