What does it mean to be a truly genuine person who is comfortable in your own skin? What does it take to be confident in being exactly who God designed you to be? It can be tempting to hide behind a smile, work, responsibilities, or even social media. You might feel society’s pressure to be perfect. You may even try to hide portions of your personality that you fear may not be well received by others. However, God has crafted you uniquely and desires for you to be comfortable in who He has created you to be.
Remember, part of God’s omnipotent nature means that he truly knows and sees every part of us. He is keenly aware of your talents, goals, and the deepest desires of your heart, and He wants to use you for His glory. In Psalm 139:1, it says, “you have searched me, LORD, and you know me.” God knows everything about you, but are you allowing Him room to work in and through you; even with the things that you keep to yourself?
My conversation with Sam Acho uncovers this one important truth. You must be willing to uncover and share the real you, if you want to live life well. Examine the parts of yourself you’re withholding from others and from God. Even the areas you keep hidden are important. Know that you are worth getting to know. Sam and I discussed other insightful thoughts that will challenge you to remove your protective guard, propel you towards healing, and establish intimacy with Jesus.
Have you worn a mask for so long that you aren’t sure how to begin the removal process? Being seen can be a process. It’s okay to start small as long as you’re making progress. My chat with Sam can be just the jumpstart you need to get started.
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
- How to uncover the real, authentic, you.
- Responding to God’s direction
- Being reminded of your worth
- Serving people with the gifts God has given you
Resources from today’s show
- Connect with Sam Acho on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook.
- Purchase a copy of “Let the World See You: How to Be Real in a World Full of Fakes” by Sam Acho.
Click to Tweet
- “God always sees you.” – Chrystal Hurst
- “God knows that we’re like sheep, and that we need things repeated.” – Chrystal Hurst
- “Get to know Jesus intimately.” – Sam Acho
- “You are worth getting to know.” – Sam Acho
Other Stuff to Check Out
Check out my new book! The 28-Day Prayer Journey
Need to encourage your soul? Try listening to the playlist I put together for my mom, Lady Lois’ Worship
Interested in supporting the content I create and enjoying bonus content? Learn about joining my Inner Circle!
- In what ways, have you masked or withheld the true version of yourself?
- How can you intently tune into God’s voice, and respond obediently?
- In what way did today’s episode challenge you?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!