Trudy Cathy White joins me for a heart to heart where she talks about her mother, the stories that shaped her, and the lessons she continues to live out as a result. Trudy is the only daughter of the famed Cathy family–the founders of God’s favorite chicken–Chick-fil-A. She is a wife, a grandmother, a philanthropist and a leader who intentionally invests in the next generation.
This conversation with Trudy underscores what many of us know to be true — there is great power in an intentional, serving, and generous mother.
I know this well too.
Whether or not you have children, we can all model hospitality, strength, and faithfulness to others in honor of God. As women, we carry many responsibilities throughout the seasons of our lives, and, if we aren’t careful, we can get lost in pursuing purpose and legacy. It’s so important to remember that the days are long, but the years are short. The time you spend pouring into the lives of others matters.
As you listen to this episode, you’ll be reminded that your life has value, and that God can do far more than you can ask, think or imagine if you just stay the course and honor Him.
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
- Serving your family well
- Maximizing your life’s impact
- Navigating seasons within your family
- Investing in adult children
Resources from today’s show
- A good name is to be chosen rather than great riches. – Proverbs 22:1
- Click here to purchase Trudy’s latest book, A Quiet Strength: The Life and Legacy of Jeannette M. Cathy
- Listen to my podcast series on legacy: Episode #241, #242, and #243
Click to Tweet
- Faith is an active trust in God, no matter what’s going on. – Trudy Cathy White
- Identity is completely found in our relationship with Christ. It has nothing to do with what we have, what we accomplish, or even with who we are related to. – Trudy Cathy White
- Remember: days are long but life is short. – Trudy Cathy White
Other Stuff to Check Out
Did you catch my last episode with Jamie Grace? Listen here.
Check out my new book! The 28-Day Prayer Journey
Need to encourage your soul? Try listening to the playlist I put together for my mom, Lady Lois’ Worship
Interested in supporting the content I create and enjoying bonus content? Learn about joining my Inner Circle!
- What do you want your legacy to be?
- How do you serve and help others “get what they want in life”?
- What conversation do you need to have today with your family?
- What is one way you can connect with your children or family to live a legacy?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!