Sometimes one of the greatest sources of strength in stepping forward into using your passions for ministry is simply seeing how others have done the same. Jamila Jackson, who has created a business based on encouraging others, joins me today to share her journey. Jamila is the creator of Loved and Blessed, a business centered on sending encouragement to others in boxes.
Jamila’s journey to Loved and Blessed began with infertility and loss but transformed into a story of hope for herself and others. A lot of time passed between the idea God revealed to her (for boxes of encouragement) and actually bringing that idea to fruition. Almost a decade later, Jamila is now being given an opportunity to share her ministry and personal business which offers encouragement packages as well as online courses, memberships, and events.
Based on her own experience, Jamila encourages others to bless their communities by being transparent and following God’s lead even when logic might tell them to give up or never even begin.
I hope that our conversation will stir up passions God has placed in you and challenge you to listen closely as God speaks to your heart. Join us to begin the journey towards turning your passions into a ministry.
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
- Battling bareness
- Surrendering your dreams
- Hearing from God
- Building a business
Resources from today’s show
- Want to connect with Jamila? Find her on Facebook , Twitter , Pinterest , and on Youtube.
- Join Jamila’s membership and get a loved+blessed box delivered to your door every month. Use the code CHRYSTAL and get 20% off your first month!
- Not ready for a membership but want to shop Jamila’s boxes and products? Click here. Use the code CHRYSTAL and get 20% off your order
- Take Jamila’s free course, Encourage Yourself. It’s a mix of videos and downloadable worksheets that will give you tips on how to keep yourself encouraged.
Click to Tweet
- You have to believe and be faithful to do what God has called you to do. – Jamila Jackson
- Even when the answers to your prayers are “no”, there is still hope. God still has a plan. – Jamila Jackson
- God has ideas for us that we do not have for ourselves – things we would never dream up. – Chrystal Hurst
Other Stuff to Check Out
- Did you catch my last episode with Dawn Barton? Listen here.
- Did you tune into my live on
- Download my summer activities idea guide
- Check out my new book! The 28-Day Prayer Journey
- Need to encourage your soul? Try listening to the playlist I put together for my mom, Lady Lois’ Worship
- Interested in supporting the content I create and enjoying bonus content? Learn about joining my Inner Circle!
- My book, Be sure and also check out my other books She’s Still There, Show Up For Your Life, Kingdom Woman!
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- What skills, experience, or gifts do you have that you could be sharing with another woman in your sister circle or community?
- When you listen intently to God, what dreams is He stirring in your heart?
- Who can you encourage today by reminding them they are loved and blessed?
- Challenge yourself to reach out and be an encouragement today with a loved and blessed box or a simple message of hope to a woman in your circle.
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!