Yes, the hospital was hard.
Coming home was even harder.
Unexpected challenges in life take us on rides of a lifetime. The question is what will we have learned or better yet, learned and used, once the ride slows or comes to an end?
Last week I shared lessons I learned from my hospital stays (yes, there were two). This week, I continue to share some of the lessons I’ve learned — some of which I’m still in the process of learning and walking out. My prayer is that today’s episode might shed light on something that you hadn’t thought of before or remind you to act on something you already know to be true.
As I’ve shared my journey on social media and with you on the podcast, some of you have applauded me for finding something good to share as I make my way through this situation or choosing to encourage you while I make progress. I don’t think there is anything noble about my outlook at all. Why? Because this is what I should do. Believe it or not, it’s not natural for me at all. I’m naturally a “glass-half-empty” person and choosing to see the glass from another angle is hard work. Making a choice to view life from the right lens is a choice that I should make. And that’s what we should ALL do and if it doesn’t come naturally then we should strive to do so. The stuff we experience in life is always the stuff we can learn from and use to share with others.
That’s what this journey is all about. Loving God. Loving others.
So like I said last week, here’s what I want for you and for me… learn the lesson. Let no season in life pass without grasping tightly to the lessons there are to learn as you simply pay attention to your life “along the way”.
And if you can grasp a hold of a lesson by learning from me — that’s good too.
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
- Fight the fight
- Resting well
- Spending time and energy well
- Celebration and the gift of friendship
- The wonderful wonder that you are
==> General Links
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
- Grab my latest book, She’s Still There!
- Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- What lessons have you learned “along the way”?
- In what way do you need to fight for your life?
- Have you learned to give yourself the gift of rest? What does that look like practically in your life?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!