Twenty seven years ago, I met a girl named Michelle. We’ve been friends ever since and seen each other through too many seasons of life to count. Michelle is a nurse and chooses to travel in her career by picking up assignments every three to six months.
I’m so glad she’s a traveling nurse because it means that wherever she is I have somewhere to go. But for just a few days, she came back to Dallas in between assignments and we had a few hours to spend with each other. So, of course, I pulled out my podcast mic. Why not?
Today’s podcast is basically a cackle session between two long-time friends with a little travel talk sprinkled in between mentions of magnesium, mountain climbing, the perils of hiking, and travel to Peru. The microphone sat on the corner of my kitchen table and I pressed record to capture an evening between friends. We talk about travel and how it affects your personal life, your spiritual life, and your outlook on life.
Be prepared to laugh, to hear a little cray-cray, and to wonder if we are both right in our minds. We are — but we have been friends a long time and sometimes, friends just like to sit around and talk about a bunch of nothing. Well… a bunch of nothing with a bunch of travel talk mixed in.
Welcome… to Shellyland.
But don’t worry, next week I’ll be back to “normal” and I can’t wait to share some of my other friends with you. In July we’ll be exploring real life She’s Still There stories. The real life situations in which women realize the need they have to rescue the girl within. You DO NOT want to miss my guest line up!
Highlight from Today’s Episode:
- More Cackle
- Cackle mixed with a little cray cray.
==> General Links
Did you miss last week’s podcast with Paul and Becky Kortman? Check it out here!
Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- When is the last time you enjoyed “much-about-nothing” conversation with a good friend? What did you talk about?
- Michelle shares about her reasons for travel and her favorite things to do while she is there. Share your favorite place to go and your favorite thing to do while you’re there!
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in do the same on the podcast!