Today I’m talking with a very unique couple, Paul and Becky Kortman.
Three years ago, the Kortman’s made a decision to live a travel lifestyle and sell everything they owned and hit the road. They then bought plane tickets and spent a year traveling the world with their four kids who were ages 2 to 8 at that time.
Now, the Kortman’s have traveled from Canada to Central America in their RV. They are currently settled in the mountains of southern Mexico and unschooling their children.
In today’s podcast we talk about why they decided to live this way and how they practically and financially afford this lifestyle. I think you’ll be surprised by how affordable this adventure has been for them.
I realize everyone cannot sell everything they own and set out to travel the world. So, I asked the Kortman’s for their advice for those of us who would love to embrace the freedom of a travel lifestyle but are content to stay in the security of our familiar neighborhood. Tune in to hear their answer.
Highlight from Today’s Episode:
- Is living a travel lifestyle affordable
- How to maintain relationships with family and friends as you travel
- Ways to live a travel lifestyle without leaving your community
==> Click to Tweet
- Surround yourself with like-minded people who will support your mission. – Paul & Becky Portman
- Make a list of the things that refresh you. Then DO them. – Becky Portman
- Push past what’s comfortable to obtain the freedom you desire. – Chrystal Hurst
==> Resources from Today’s Show
- Follow the Kortman’s on their website, Instagram or on their podcast NomadTogether
- Join the Kortman’s Location Independent Family Facebook Group.
- If you are feeling really adventurous, research how you can meet and stay with locals all over the world by visiting CouchSurfing.com.
==> General Links
Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
Did you miss last weeks podcast with Tsh Oxenreider? Check it out here!
Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
What is your mission? Do you have like-minded people around you that can support you?
What does or would an adventurous life look like for you?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in do the same on the podcast!