If you’ve been reading my blog or following me on social media lately, you’ve heard me talk about my Mercy Marathon.
I’m currently training to run a marathon on December 14th.
But I’m not running just for me. I’m delighted to be running for others.
I’ve talked at length about my story and how I was introduced to the Mercy House in Kenya.
Today I would like to introduce you to Kristen Welch, the founder of Mercy House.
I asked her to join me on the podcast so that you could here her talk about her story.
This is a podcast you don’t want to miss.
What happens when God steps in and wrecks your life?
Today’s interview with Kristen gives the answer for that question in her life.
When God shows up and wrecks your life, a beautiful thing happens.
He erects something beautiful in it’s place. Something worth talking about. Something worth sharing.
And that’s exactly what I’m doing today.
Sharing Kristen’s journey and the Mercy House with you.
Kristen Welch shares her story of how God showed up in her life at an unexpected time, in an unexpected way, and how her life was completely changed as a result.
And not just her life…
As Kristen has made room for an interrupted life, God has since worked through her to change the life of many others.
Do you want to do SOMETHING?
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
“Kristen Welch and Mercy House”
- No matter how big or too small – your yes matters.
- God likes to show up in the places that we least expect Him and take us to places that we never knew possible.
- Even when God “wrecks” your life, you will be way better off after then you were before He showed up.
==> Links for Today’s Show
- Visit Kristen’s blog – WeAreThatFamily.com
- Learn more about Kristen’s story.
- Check out Kristen’s book – Rhinestones for Jesus
- Want to learn more about Mercy House programs? CLICK HERE
- Visit Mercy House Kenya or SHOP to support the Mercy House Store
- Want to read the blog with the cuss words? CLICK HERE
- CLICK HERE to learn more about Fair Trade Friday
Do you want to give to Mercy House too? CLICK HERE.
If you are giving for #MilesforMercy, enter “#MilesforMercy” in the instructions for sellers so we can keep track of how much we raise!)
Oh yes! And we can’t forget!…
Here is this weeks’s #MilesforMercy report.
If you haven’t read about The Mercy Marathon, please do.
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment or ask a question!
- How has God wrecked your life?
- What small “yes” can you give to God today?
- What touched your heart most from this podcast?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
3. Share today’s show – I could use your help with getting the word out there about my new podcast. Would you take a minute to share today’s post? Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post. Thanks!
Can I ask you a favor? However you found me, will you be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists! Thanks in advance for your help!