Have you ever gotten that itch… you know, the desire to do more? The unsettled feeling that maybe, just maybe, what you are doing or where you are in life is not all there is to your story.
Today, I am talking with author, entrepreneur, wife, and mother of three, Emily Ley, about daring to build a life you love by Growing Boldy, which happens to also be the title of her new book. In this conversation, Emily and I discuss her personal journey towards living the life that she imagined for herself and how you can do the same.
Like many of us, Emily didn’t begin her journey by having all the right answers. She didn’t have the money, the resources, or the knowledge. But what she did have she used to the best of her ability and what she didn’t have, she figured out.
Did you catch that?…
You don’t have to have it all figured out.
So often we get stuck because we over-contemplate the risk that inevitably comes with the unknown.
I don’t have the skills for that.
I don’t have the education.
It’s never going to work.
I don’t know what your “it” is, but the script we rehearse inside our head can easily become our biggest limitation. Have you ever considered that your “yes” is all you need?
Friends, all it takes is a decision. A decision to move. A decision to discover. A decision to keep going in the thick of it. The thing you are afraid of? It could actually work. Ever consider that?
It. Could. Actually. Work.
My hope is that this conversation will help you to stop thinking and start doing. Though the journey is never guaranteed to look a particular way, pursue the growth that comes with the process and commit yourself. Give yourself the grace to just get going and by going, embrace the journey along the way. You might just find yourself in the middle of living a life you love.
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
- Working with what you have
- Getting to know you
- Building a life you love
Resources from today’s show
- Connect with Emily Ley on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook.
- Grab a copy of Emily Ley’s book Growing Boldly.
- Interested in more from Emily Ley? Check out her website at emilyley.com.
Click To Tweet:
- “Take the time to get to know you again.”- Emily Ley
- “Do what you can with what you have.”- Emily Ley
- “It requires boldness to say, ‘I’m going to grow not knowing what’s on the other side of the curtain. I am willing to grow, despite what I don’t know and despite what I can’t control.’”– Chrystal Evans Hurst
- “Growth is worth the unknown.”- Chrystal Evans Hurst
- “Our needs can be unique based on us being unique and we do not have to apologize for it.”- Chrystal Evans Hurst
- “I am more concerned with God’s glory than my own relief.”- Emily Ley
- “You can live brave but not blind.”– Emily Ley
Other Stuff to Check Out
- Need to encourage your soul? Try listening to the playlist I put together for my mom, Lady Lois’ Worship
- Interested in supporting the content I create and enjoying bonus content? Learn about joining my Inner Circle!
- Be sure to also check out my books She’s Still There, Show Up For Your Life, The 28-Day Prayer Journey, and Kingdom Woman!
- What does it mean to you to “grow boldly”?
- In what ways have you been challenged by growing pains? How did you overcome?
- How has imagining the life you dreamed of helped you to know yourself more?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!