Have you ever wondered why God allows you to endure certain trials in life? When the pain and pressure of your current circumstances threaten to overwhelm you, how can you remain faithful to Him and believe His word? How can you and I choose to trust God when we perceive His absence, or experience His “no”?
In those instances, it’s natural to wonder “why” God allowed events to unfold and to even experience a range of emotions as you digest His decisions. I know this to be true because over the last few years, I’ve had a bunch of hard stuff happen in my life. I’ve wondered how a faithful and good God can allow so many difficult divine disruptions.
I sat down with my father, Dr. Tony Evans, my sister, Priscilla Shirer, and my brothers, Anthony Evans Jr. and Jonathan Evans to discuss our first ever, family collaborative book, “Divine Disruption”.
We spoke candidly about the challenges, insight, losses, and God’s apparent mercy. While each of us embodies a unique perspective, in retrospect, the situations that occurred set the stage for us to individually hold onto faith when life’s realities are heartbreaking.
Here’s the truth – God still has His hand over you and has a greater purpose and plan for your life. Even in seasons of life that are consumed by difficulties, pain, or confusion, choose to trust Him. Part of trusting Him may mean that you have to purposefully embrace this season of struggle. Know that your choice to accept all that comes with a difficult period has great potential to increase your faith and deepen your relationship with God.
I believe our chat will give you practical help so that you can take your questions to the Heavenly Father, know how to stand firm on His promises, and trust Him beyond what you can physically see. Whether you’ve just exited a trying season, are currently in one, or heading into one, this conversation is timely and sure to encourage YOU.
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
- Presenting questions to God
- Persevering through seasons of loss
- Remaining faithful in tough times
Resources from today’s show
- Pick up a copy of Divine Disruption
- Connect with Dr. Tony Evans on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook.
- Consider following Priscilla Shirer on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook.
- Check out Anthony Evans Jr.’s Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook.
- Connect with Jonathan Evans on Instagram, or Facebook.
Click To Tweet:
- “You can ask your questions without questioning the character of God” – Priscilla Shirer
- “It’s okay to ask God why. It’s not okay to challenge God with the why.” – Dr. Tony Evans
- “Look for His mercy in unexpected places.” – Anthony Evans, Jr.
- “If what I have isn’t enough, God is big enough to fill in the gap.” – Chrystal Evans Hurst
- “When your heart breaks and your hope is shattered, that’s a fresh opportunity to experience God in a new way.” – Dr. Tony Evans
Other Stuff to Check Out
- Need to encourage your soul? Try listening to the playlist I put together for my mom, Lady Lois’ Worship
- Interested in supporting the content I create and enjoying bonus content? Learn about joining my Inner Circle!
- Be sure to also check out my books She’s Still There, Show Up For Your Life, The 28-Day Prayer Journey, and Kingdom Woman!
- What is the difference between asking God a question versus questioning God? What steps can you take to avoid questioning God?
- In what areas of your life have you seen God’s sovereign hand offer divine disruption?
- How can you intentionally hold onto your faith in times of tragedy and pain?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!