What is the story you are telling with the life you are living? Is it a story you feel good about telling? Sam Collier, my guest on this episode, tells his story of abandonment, sacrifice, gratitude, and rescue. Sam is Pastor, podcast host, and author of A Greater Story. He and his twin sister were introduced to their birth mother and siblings on the Steve Harvey show.
Imagine meeting your biological family for the first time on national television. And then… imagine later learning that you were born into poverty, came from a bloodline of substance addiction and violence.
When Sam learned these things about his life, it was evident that God was rewriting His story and penning a new account for generations to come. God is always doing something bigger and better than we might imagine. Sometimes we get a peek into what He is doing, and like Sam, others get a glimpse of His grace through our stories. But we don’t always get to see what He is protecting us from or preparing us for.
Do you believe that God is directing your path? Do you trust that He can take the cards you’ve been dealt – good or bad – and make something great out of them?
God has a purpose and a plan for you. He is always telling His greater story through your trials, your relationships (even the ones you don’t like), and your triumphs. There are things that God has rescued you from that we have no awareness of.
There is more to your story than pain and disappointment. There are more pages to turn and more chapters to read. But if you want to experience more, you have to decide to believe that there is more for you. If you are struggling to believe, Sam’s story will serve as a good reminder that God is always working and moving things around in your life for your good and His glory. You simply have to trust Him.
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
- Believing God for more
- Stewarding your story well
- Remaining humble with growth
Resources from today’s show
- Connect with Sam on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or on his website
- Get a copy of Sam’s Book: A Greater Story: A Greater Story: My Rescue, Your Purpose, and Our Place in God’s Plan
- I talked about Setting Boundaries with the Inner Circle, you can watch the replay here.
Click to Tweet
- Life may not happen the way you want it to happen but you can trust that God is always working. – Sam Collier
- God is the ultimate chess-player and He is always moving things around. – Sam Collier
- It’s not about the cards you’ve been dealt, it’s how you play the hand – Sam Collier (a quote from his father)
- You can’t out strategize what God hasn’t ordained for you. – Sam Collier
Other Stuff to Check Out
- Check out my most recent book! The 28-Day Prayer Journey
- Need to encourage your soul? Try listening to the playlist I put together for my mom, Lady Lois’ Worship
- Interested in supporting the content I create and enjoying bonus content? Learn about joining my Inner Circle!
- My book, Be sure to also check out my other books She’s Still There, Show Up For Your Life, Kingdom Woman!
- What do you need to learn about your story? What is one thing you can do in the next month to learn more about yourself?
- In what ways can be a better steward of your story well? Who can you encourage with your story?
- On a scale of 1-5, how would you rate the cards you’ve been dealt? How have you seen God use the cards you’ve been dealt for your good and for the good of others?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!