Where do you place your value and worth? Is it rooted in your career, life-long goals, stellar accomplishments, personal appearance, or community status? In so many ways, the world offers opportunities to find personal success in things that hold no lasting value. I mean, after you’ve attained some of your aspirations and occupational goals, what happens if you still find yourself unfulfilled, exhausted, and without peace?
As a woman who had attained a significant level of career success, longtime journalist and current television correspondent, Paula Faris, discovered that her definition of success wasn’t necessarily the right one. Her professional life was flourishing if her personal life was simultaneously failing and she simply did not have peace.
If you want your values in life to influence the actions you take to live your life well, this chat will encourage and challenge you. Paula knows what it is to allow the circumstances of your life to lead you toward the discovery of a lifetime. She also believes in the power of pursuing your God-given purpose and passionately chasing it, even when circumstances don’t seem ideal. WhilePaula’s decision to make major changes in life wasn’t easy. Her choice to identify with God’s purposes for her life involved big shifts. However, Paula didn’t allow her fears of the unknown or the discomfort of her comfort zone distract her from obedience and neither should you.
It’s important to give yourself permission to change course. If you need help doing that, this podcast with Paula and I will give you specific, practical tips that will encourage you to push through your fear, pursue your passions, work towards your spiritual calling, and experience God’s peace. Your worth isn’t in doing all the things; your worth is in being who God has created you to be.
Do you want to move towards the plans that God has for you? If so, this conversation with Paula and myself might be just what you need to hear!
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
- Discerning and hearing the voice of God
- Uncovering your purpose
- Achieving a spirit of peace
- How to respond when your values clash with your actions
Resources from today’s show
- Connect with Paula Faris on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook.
- Grab a copy of “Called Out: Why I Traded Two Dream Jobs for a Life of True Calling” by Paula Faris.
Click to Tweet
- “If you have peace, proceed. if you don’t, stop and be still.” – Paula Faris
- “Give yourself as much grace as you give other people.” – Paula Faris
- “Peace and fear can coexist.” – Paula Faris
- “Leading with love matters.” – Chrystal Hurst
Other Stuff to Check Out
Check out my new book! The 28-Day Prayer Journey
Need to encourage your soul? Try listening to the playlist I put together for my mom, Lady Lois’ Worship
Interested in supporting the content I create and enjoying bonus content? Learn about joining my Inner Circle!
- In what areas have you misplaced your identity?
- How can you experience the peace of God in your decisions?
- In what way did today’s episode challenge you?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!