How does stress show up in your life? We’ve all learned various ways to cope with the many changes of 2020, current events, and the uncertain future. But coping doesn’t always take away the ill-effects of the stress you carry. Our body is designed to respond to the journey you take mentally.
Election week was heavy for many of us. And whether you witnessed your preferred outcome or not, your days may still be heavy. You can’t ignore the weight.
If you are feeling discontent, in the next week, I want you to find time to put away your phone, turn off the television and just be. Reduce the stimulus going to your brain. Pay attention to your heart, mind, and soul. Not sure how to do that? Listen to my chat with Shundria.
Shundria will help you identify if you are taxed and how to move towards change. If you’ve found yourself easily frustrated, frequently distracted, or you’ve struggled with concentration, stress may be the culprit. You probably need some emotional R&R. With this year, we all do. Take away the election; it’s still been a heavy year.
So give yourself grace.
Inhale and exhale. Drop your shoulders. Relax your jaw. Unpress your tongue from the roof of your mouth. Just relax.
You’ve done well to make it this far. Give yourself the space you need to make it even further. Enjoy this episode.
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
- Releasing irrational expectations
- Helping those battling stress
- Working your way to an answer
- Giving yourself grace
Resources from today’s show
- Watch our conversation on YouTube
- Connect with Shundria on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or on her website
- Purchase Shundria’s session: Identifying Emotional and Behavior Cycles
- Listen to my previous conversations with Shundria
Click to Tweet
- Your body responds to what is on your mind. – Shundria Riddick
- Plan to have some self-care in your day. – Shundria Riddick
- You can responsible to someone and not responsible for them. – Shundria Riddick
- Know and accept when you have gone as far as you can go. – Chrystal Hurst
Other Stuff to Check Out
Did you catch my last episode with Sophie Hudson? Listen here.
Check out my new book! The 28-Day Prayer Journey
Need to encourage your soul? Try listening to the playlist I put together for my mom, Lady Lois’ Worship
Interested in supporting the content I create and enjoying bonus content? Learn about joining my Inner Circle!
- How does stress show up in your life? What have you found helpful in managing your stress?
- How often do you unplug? In what ways are you watching what you put in?
- How do you handle the stress and chaos of others?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!