Do you have what it takes to be a resilient woman? One part of the definition of resilient is: tending to recover from or adjust easily to misfortune or change. Well, this year has presented nothing but change for us all, and misfortune for some, but would we confidently say we’ve been able to bounce back or even come back stronger through adversity?
Today’s guest is Alli Worthington, a great friend, mother to 5 boys, a business coach, mentor, and host of The Alli Worthington Show podcast. She is a girl after my own heart: family, helping people live their potential, and getting things done! She’s learned the art of coming back strong after her husband’s job came to a sudden and drastic end years ago. That’s when Alli had to kick it into high gear to provide for her family.
Alli began her business in an unplanned way. All the while, God was right beside her, teaching her how to be strong and rely on Him. You see, God is with you too, in life’s unforeseen plot twists.
One common enemy on our journey is fear. The fear of lack. Fear of change. Fear of failure. Fear of not being enough. Life has a way of tossing us to and fro and knocking us off balance. None of us is immune from feeling fear, but we don’t have to live our lives subject to it. We can learn to counteract fear with action–quick action coupled with Scripture to remind ourselves where our strength lies.
God says He has a plan for us, a hope and a future (Jeremiah 29:11). I don’t know what has knocked you around this season, but you can be certain it did not take God by surprise. Through it all, He wants us to partner with Him to accomplish more than we could never imagine.
Life is a journey, friend. And to show up to be your best self is going to require confidence, curiosity, and a courageous spirit that says “No matter what, I’m not giving up!” I hope you’ll take a listen to our conversation and walk away with a heart full of courage.
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
- Becoming a resilient woman
- Discerning purpose from calling
- Getting out of your own way to do the thing
Resources from today’s show
- Get Alli’s new book, Standing Strong: A Woman’s Guide to Overcoming Adversity and Living with Confidence.
- Connect with Alli on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or on her website
- Purchase my book, The 28-Day Prayer Journey. There is one bonus still available!
- Inner Circle opens 10/1 – chrystalevanshurst.com/innercircle
Click to Tweet
- God is always calling us to more. He wants stuff done. He wants us to thrive. He wants us to help other people. – Alli Worthington
- It’s not about you, but it is about you showing up so God that what God has put in you can be of benefit to others. – Chrystal Evans Hurst
- We all fake it until we learn how to make it. – Alli Worthington
- For us to grow, we have to make peace with the discomfort. That is a natural part of growth. – Alli Worthington
Other Stuff to Check Out
Did you catch my last episode on the Psalms with David Taylor? Listen here.
Check out my new book! The 28-Day Prayer Journey
Need to encourage your soul? Try listening to the playlist I put together for my mom, Lady Lois’ Worship
Interested in supporting the content I create and enjoying bonus content? Learn about joining my Inner Circle!
- In what ways are you hiding from the life God’s called you to live?
- What is one way you can step out and do the thing?
- What would change if you were to act as if God has called you to do the thing you’re afraid of?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!