Far too many women remain stuck and discouraged because they lack the support they need to keep going. What difference would it make, or has it made, to have a woman who is grounded in Christ in your corner cheering you on and helping avoid unnecessary detours of life? This is the work that God called author, speaker, mother, grandmother, and mentor, Barbara Rainey, to do the same. Titus 2:4-5 says, “And so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.” The truth is, God has called us all to this work. He calls us to share our experiences and wisdom as we walk the path He provides for us.
What are you doing with the prayers you have prayed on your path? Who is being impacted by them? Your prayers are not just for you.
Today, I am talking with Barbara Rainey about how a shift in perspective changed how she talks to God and how her conversations with God connects her to other women. Barbara has learned to open her deepest hurts to God through prayer and, when appropriate, to share with others. In her new book My Heart, Ever His: Prayers for Women, she emphasizes the importance of being vulnerable with God and also being open to sharing with other women.
What if helping a woman get unstuck, came from merely sharing with her what you had shared with God? The usual perception of mentoring can feel complicated and overbearing. Barbara shares what organic mentoring resembled in her own life and how she has learned to be available to others as she grows in godly wisdom. God has provided a path before you, and I’m sure that path led you to pray various prayers. Allow another woman to tune in and walk beside you. Our past pain and prayers can be gifts to those searching for a reason to keep going.
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
- Redefining mentoring women
- Praying vulnerable prayers
- Praying from our deepest hurts
- Sharing your prayer
Resources from today’s show
- Want to connect with Barbara Rainey? Find her on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or on her blog at Ever Thine Home Blog.
- Check out Barbara and Dennis Rainey’s ministry, Family Life Ministry. Explore Barbara’s personal ministry, Ever Thine Home.
- Looking for a way to connect with your spouse? Plan a getaway with A Weekend To Remember
- Purchase Barbara’s latest book, My Heart, Ever His: Prayers for Women
- Learn from Barbara’s mentor, Elisabeth Elliot.
- Read Corrie Ten Boom’s, The Hiding Place, to gain her wisdom.
Click to Tweet
- My greatest mentors were not people I knew, my greatest mentors were older women whose stories I read. -Barbara Rainey
- Know that is sovereign and that He is good. – Barbara Rainey
- You have to learn to trust that when God brings hard things into your life, He is doing it for good purposes. He knows what He is doing. – Barbara Rainey
Other Stuff to Check Out
- Did you catch my last episode on online dating with Margot Starbuck? Listen here.
- Download my summer activities idea guide
- Check out my new book! The 28-Day Prayer Journey
- Need to encourage your soul? Try listening to the playlist I put together for my mom, Lady Lois’ Worship
- Interested in supporting the content I create and enjoying bonus content? Learn about joining my Inner Circle!
- My book, Be sure and also check out my other books She’s Still There, Show Up For Your Life, Kingdom Woman!
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- How can you be more honest and real in your time with God?
- What do you need to share with God from the deepest parts of your heart?
- How can you shift your perspective of mentoring to reach out and touch the life of another woman?
- Which areas could mentoring bless your life?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!