What memories and experiences are you creating around your table? When is the last time you invited family or friends to spend time with you in your home? For some, hosting guests in our home can be live-giving, for others, it can be intimidating. I remember wanting my first apartment to be in pristine condition before I had friends over, but I’m so glad I didn’t wait. There are so many memories I would have let slip by.
I understand that who you want to be both in your life and in your living space may not always match with your current reality. However, it’s really important to me that you understand this — in whatever season you are in you can still create moments that matter.
I had a delightful conversation with Victoria Duerstock about this very topic. Victoria is an author and also a creator of beautiful things. You need to check out her Instagram feed. I absolutely love it!. It’s filled with beautiful photos that have been captured by her and friends. aI enjoyed chatting with Victoria because she reminded me y of the importance of putting my heart into my home. In this season of my life, I need to remember that I don’t have to always pull out the fine china to create a meaningful moment within my home. While some live for the opportunity to be hospitable, I realize that everyone doesn’t feel good at creating a welcoming environment. Hopefully, this episode serves as a reminder to you that we don’t have to do things perfectly. Welcome others into our home and our hearts is a gift to them and a gift to us. People need our hearts and our homes are simply a good place to offer them.
After all, it’s really what’s in the heart that counts.
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
- Modeling biblical hospitality
- Putting your heart into your home
- Tips for traveling foodies
Resources from today’s show
- Connect with Victoria on her Website, Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest.
- Try the Night Sky App that Victoria mentioned in this episode
- Purchase Victoria’s book, Heart and Home
Click to Tweet
- Being hospitable is really a matter of obedience. Doing what God has asked us to do. – Victoria Duerstock
- Make the space to hear the rhythm of your own heartbeat. – Chrystal Hurst
- Leverage your home in such a way that you can use it for God’s service. – Victoria Duerstock
Other Stuff to Check Out
- Did you catch my last episode with Michele Cushatt? Listen here.
- Need to encourage your soul? Try listening to the playlist I put together for my mom, Lady Lois’ Worship
- Interested in supporting the content I create and enjoying bonus content? Learn about becoming a co-producer!
- My book, Be sure and also check out my other books She’s Still There,
- 28 Days of Prayer, Show Up For Your Life, Kingdom Woman!
- Did you catch the latest video I uploaded to my YouTube channel? I shared a message I gave recently at my church on The Sword (The Word of God). Watch it by clicking HERE.
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- In what ways are you using your home to serve God and others?
- Do you feel like you aren’t “ready” to welcome people into your home? What’s standing in the way of you welcoming others in your home.
- What are some things you can do to set your soul first thing in the morning?
- If I’m traveling to your city, what food do I need to try?!
- Do you enjoy making food for your friends and family? What is it you enjoy most? The fellowship or the perfection of things?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!