These questions and others are answered in my discussion with Valorie Burton as we discuss the power of knowing how to coach yourself.
My conversation with author, speaker and podcaster, Valorie Burton, is simply beautiful and truly compelling. She is passionate about helping women discover their purpose and she’s written a new book called Life Coaching for Successful Women. Valorie helps us to see how straightforward questions and specific, doable action steps will help us to move confidently toward the life you and I were created to live.
As you listen to this episode of the podcast, you will hear Valorie challenge us to learn the art of asking challenging questions — even when we are afraid of the answer. Self-coaching is having the courage to tell yourself the truth. The key, Valorie says, is to treat yourself like your best friend and to couple truth with compassion. Valorie emphasizes the importance of not allowing fear to stand in the way of getting to your greater purpose. Living a life you love requires that you live purposefully, know your why and do the work to honor the life you’ve been given. Valorie is gifted at pointing out practical tips and raising powerful questions. She’s spent her life helping many people move toward a path of self-discovery and she’s doing the same for us in this episode.
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
- Why asking good questions matters
- The importance of vulnerability
- The value of being self-aware
- Dealing with the fear of disappointment
Resources from today’s show
- Connect with Valorie on Instagram, Facebook, or on her website
- Listen to Valorie’s Podcast, Positively Psyched.
- Grab a copy of Valorie’s Burton book, Life Coaching for Successful Women by Valorie Burton
- Want to change your path? Get Valorie’s Free 8 module on-line course to help you change your path when you order a copy of her book.
Click to Tweet
- Life and death is in the power of the tongue. You can speak yourself out of fear. – Valorie Burton
- Sometimes, we have to step back and find a way to be kind to ourselves. – Valorie Burton
- There are only two options… you can give up on what God has for you or you can choose to move forward in faith. – Valorie Burton
- When we stop hoping, we start settling for less than God has for us. – Valorie Burton
Other Stuff to Check Out
- Did you catch my last episode, A Story Worth Remembering? Listen here.
- Need to encourage your soul? Try listening to the playlist I put together for my mom, Lady Lois’ Worship
- Interested in supporting the content I create and enjoying bonus content? Learn about becoming a co-producer!
- My book, Be sure and also check out my other books She’s Still There,
- 28 Days of Prayer, Show Up For Your Life, Kingdom Woman!
- Did you catch the latest video I uploaded to my YouTube channel? I shared a message I gave recently at my church on The Sword (The Word of God). Watch it by clicking HERE.
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- 10 years from now, what will matter most to you? What can you do to ensure you are focusing on what matters the most?
- In what area of your life do you need to ask for help? What is causing you to feel like you need to be the strong one?
- How do you fight against the fear of disappointment? What have you decided to go pursue that you are aware may not turn out in your favor?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!