Living for legacy is not about you. Of course, by living for legacy and living a life you love, you benefit. But really, it’s about blessing someone else. My mom’s service two weeks ago was over four hours, but every minute was worth it because we wanted to celebrate and honor her well. Most times, both in life and in death, celebrating and honoring someone requires that you unbusy your life and create space for what really matters.
What are you making space for? How are you cultivating your talents? Where are you leaving your mark? When this year comes to a close, will the things you spent your time doing matter? Will you wish you put the phone down more, scrolled a little less, and laughed a lot more? What meaningful moments are you ensuring that you and the people around you experience?
If you’ve had to unbusy your life and slow down a bit, as I have, you may be still working to get your feet underneath you as you try to navigate through 2020 as best you can. As you plan, I want you to think about the impact of living a life you love will have on those around you. What is the pace you need to keep? I believe that this year can be your best year yet. It can be the year that you choose to show up and live a life you love, regardless of the circumstances around you. Because it is a choice, you know?
One this episode I hope you are reminded of the importance of choosing well. We get to choose, so let’s be sure to make choices we’ll be glad to live with.
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
- Cultivating your talents
- Taking thoughts captive
- Leaving your mark
Resources from today’s show
- Listen to the full version of each podcast shared in this episode: episode 16, episode 30, and episode 46.
Click to Tweet
Other Stuff to Check Out
- Are you registered for Thursday’s live Coffee with Chrystal? Register here.
- Did you catch my last episode, Living for Legacy Part 1? Click here to listen.
- Need to encourage your soul? Try listening to the playlist I put together for my mom, Lady Lois’ Worship
- Did you know that my dad, Dr. Tony Evans, has a Bible Commentary available? Click here to check it out! If you want to know more about my dad’s ministry and the multitude of resources he has available to help you in your walk with God, go to Tony Evans.org
- Did you catch the latest video I uploaded to my YouTube channel? I shared a message I gave recently at my church on The Sword (The Word of God). Watch it by clicking HERE.
- My book, Be sure and also check out my other books She’s Still There,
- 28 Days of Prayer, Show Up For Your Life, Kingdom Woman!
- Interested in supporting the content I create and enjoying special benefits? Learn about becoming a co-producer!
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- What thoughts in your mind are getting in the way of you living for legacy? How can you take those thoughts captive?
- What can you do this week to cultivate your talents?
- How do you want to leave your mark in 2020?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!