Apart from previously starring on the show Little People, Big World, Audrey and her husband have been able to do a lot of things together, and one of the things they are most proud of is their new book, Love Letter Life. Love Letter Life chronicles the growth of Audrey and Jeremy’s love story over the years. Through a long distance relationship, a breakup, and relational challenges, Audrey and Jeremy persevered, eventually finding their way down the aisle and making a lifelong commitment to one another. They continue to battle for their relationship because as anyone who has been married for any length of time knows, the real battle starts after you say “I do.” Marriage is a wonderful gift, but the enemy and life circumstances will inevitably present many challenges over the years.
Audrey advises us to prepare for marriage like we would prepare to climb a summit, win a championship, or even pursue a career. We admire athletes who train years for one event and we ourselves relentlessly train and equip ourselves to climb the corporate ladder, but what are we doing to strengthen our marriages, or even simply keep them healthy and intact? And this applies to those of you who are single too: what are you doing to prepare yourself for marriage?
Married or single, I hope that this episode challenges and encourages you to be intentional in documenting your story. And of course, your love story is a major part of that. We all have a story, whether we like it or not. The way to write a better story is to take an intentional look at your life and your relationships—especially a relationship with a spouse—and make strategic changes, both for your good and the good of those you love.
Hope you enjoy this episode!
Highlights from Today’s Episode:
- Battling for your marriage
- How to break off a relationship
- Struggles with pornography
- Having hard conversations
- Carving out time for intimacy
- The value of Sabbath rest
Click to Tweet
- “Believe that there is a bigger story at play, and just do the next right thing.” – Audrey Roloff
- “The battle for purity does not end on your wedding day.” – Audrey Roloff
- “Prepare more for your marriage than you do for your wedding day.” – Audrey Roloff
Resources From Today’s Show
- Connect with Audrey on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or on her website.
- Purchase a copy of Love Letter Life by Jeremy and Audrey Roloff
- Listen to the Behind the Scenes Podcast with Jeremy and Audrey Roloff
- Check out Audrey’s favorite enneagram resources: The Path Between Us by Suzanne Stabile, The Road Back to You by Ian Cron, The Sacred Enneagram by Christopher L. Heurtz and Richard Rohr
Other Stuff to Check Out
- Grab my latest books She’s Still There, Show Up For Your Life, 28 Days of Prayer, or Kingdom Woman!
- Did you miss Episode 214 With Pam Tebow?! Click here to listen!
- Interested in supporting the content I create? Learn about becoming a co-producer!
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- How are you cultivating your love story? What areas could you work on?
- Do you practice Sabbath rest? If so, how has it benefited from it? If not, how did Audrey’s perspective challenge you?
- Have you found personality assessments helpful in navigating relationships? Tell me about your Myers-Brigg type or enneagram number if you know it!
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!