Some of you have reached out to me to tell me how you are struggling because you feel overwhelmed with all the responsibilities in your life. Career, children, family, social media, church, volunteer work—it can all really pile up.
And I’m familiar with the struggle.
My good friend Amy Lynn Andrews has listened to me talk about all of the things on my own plate and has strategically and intentionally challenged me to live with focus. I decided to have her on my podcast to share our conversation with you so you can receive some practical help too!. In addition to homeschooling four children, Amy runs a successful online business which is in part focused on teaching time management. She is extremely passionate about teaching people how to streamline their schedules and do the most important things—the things that God made them to do.
If you struggle with making room for the most important things in your life, Amy is here to help you stop, slow down, pare down, and think big picture. She’s here to make you consider life-changing questions like “Why am I doing everything that I’m doing?” “What is that God made me to do?” “What do I need to cut out of my life?”
These are hard questions, I know. But these are the questions that lead to living a life that you love.
Listen in as Amy and I discuss how to create margin, how to dream again, and how to make the best use of the time you’ve been given. I’ve benefited so much from listening to what she has to share, and I know you will too!
Highlight from Today’s Episode:
- Practical advice for managing your time
- Tips for focusing on the most important
- Encouragement for learning to dream again
Click to Tweet
- I have to remind myself that God hasn’t created us to be so busy all the time.” –Amy Lynn Andrews
- “Don’t just do the things you have to do. Make time for the things you were made to do.” – Amy Lynn Andrews
- “ We have to be brutal about cutting things out of our lives. Living a live you love means there are a lot of things that you have to simply say, ‘no’ to.” –Amy Lynn Andrews
- “I wonder sometimes if God looks down on us and thinks ‘Oh man, you were wired for so much more.’” –Amy Lynn Andrews
Resources From Today’s Show
- Magnetic Lashes – Find my current fav lashes in my Amazon Store! I’m not a makeup artist by a long stretch but this is what is currently working for me!
- AmyLynnAndrews.com—Amy’s main website which includes an easy-to-follow guide on how to start a blog
- TellYourTime.com—a PDF booklet which outlines Amy’s straightforward, step-by-step approach to controlling your schedule and making sure the important things don’t fall through the cracks. Includes simple yet comprehensive time management tools.
- Useletter.com—free weekly email containing handy tips and tools for bloggers, authors, freelancers, and online business owners
- Knowtbook— Amy’s personal digital notebook which includes everything she has learned (for the past 13+ years) and is continuing to learn about owning an online business, social media, marketing, and blogging. See a preview of what the Knowtbook is all about in this video
Other Stuff to Check Out
- Grab my latest books She’s Still There, 28 Days of Prayer, or Kingdom Woman!
- Did you miss Episode 204?! Click here to hear about the third “key” in the showing up for your life series.
- Interested in supporting the content I create? Learn more about becoming a co-producer!
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- How long has it been since you’ve taken a step back and assessed all the roles and responsibilities you have in your life? Could you benefit from cutting some things out and saying “no” more often?
- Have you forgotten how to dream? Consider setting aside some time to prayerfully consider what it is that you are passionate about—what it is that God made you to do—and how you might begin to pursue that.
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!