We use a variety of words to describe how we feel when we don’t feel good, when we feel blah, or when we are experiencing a season of being “out of character”. But whatever we call it, the remedy is the same. We can choose joy.
What practically works best for you to deal with your funk may be different than what works best for me but there is always something that works. The options run the range of sunshine to a medical prescription. You just need to know what works for you and be intentional about opting-in to joy!
The time is up for people who accept their funk as some permanent part of their existence. You may have heard me say it before but this life we have? It’s not a dress rehearsal! You will only pass this way once and every moment matters.
It’s time for you to be a part of the solution and choose joy, even it if seems to allude you. And on today’s podcast, I want to give you some practical tips for how to do just that. In order to show up for your life there are a few key things you need to know. Choosing joy is one of those keys that can unlock your potential on earth for the purposes God has for you.
Highlight from Today’s Episode:
- How to get out of a funk
- Practical ways to find joy
- The stories we live to tell
Click to Tweet
- If we tell ourselves…that our life isn’t going anywhere we literally wire our brain to continue in that pattern of storytelling. Curt Thompson
- “Your life is an unrepeatable miracle” – Chrystal Hurst
- “Even though you cannot change the events of your story, you can change the way you experience your story. ― Curt Thompson, Anatomy of the Soul
- “Creative adventure has no age limit” – Chrystal Hurst
- Life is not about not being messy but about being creative with the messes we have. – Chrystal Hurst
- “Remember that emotion is not a debatable phenomenon. It is an authentic reflection of our subjective experience, one that is best served by attending to it.” — Curt Thompson, Anatomy of the Soul
Resources From Today’s Show
- Pre-Order Show Up for Your Life
- Need more encouragement for finding joy and living happy? Check out my interview with Lisa Harper.
- Want to know how you be a part of my Inner Circle? Click here to find out.
==> General Links
- Grab my latest books She’s Still There, 28 Days of Prayer, or Kingdom Woman!
- Did you miss episode 202?! Click here to hear about the first “key” in this series.
- Interested in supporting the content I create? Learn more about being a patron!
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- How do you know when you’re in a funk?
- What can you do today to choose joy?
- Have you ever struggled with depression? If so, what would you say to encourage someone who is struggling in the same way?
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes or Stitcher or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in and do the same on the podcast!